Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 Introduction

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:

> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060907/#introduction
>
> Do not start the first sentence by "This specification".

Why not? It is far easier to rename a specification or to move content
between specifications when the name of the specification isn't mentioned
anywhere in the body.

> See comment about "abstract".

The comment about the abstract didn't explain why "This specification" was
bad. I agree that "This specification" is bad in an abstract, because an
abstract is supposed to be context insensitive. However this doesn't apply
to the introduction.

> What is the semantics of the doubled line on the left? Is it an example?
> Is it a note? Maybe that would be good to explain or contextualize a bit
> more.

The presence of the doubled line on the left depends entirely on what
stylesheet you are using. The text in the spec implies that the paragraphs
in the doubled line are part of the first example; this seems pretty
clear. I'm not sure how it could be explained without alienating people
who are not using the same stylesheet.

In conclusion, I disagree with the suggestions made in this e-mail. Please
let me know if you disagree with my disagreement so that I may clearly
mark this in the disposition of comments.

Cheers,