Re: XBL media type?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2006, at 21:46, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > But if people really want to register a MIME type for XBL, go ahead...
> > it doesn't affect the spec or UA compliance in any way. Feel tree to
> > register as many types as you like. :-)
>
> It affects the spec: the way W3C Recs register media types is by having
> a special section that defines it, which is then liaised over with the
> IETF. It's pretty much a standard template thing.

Since the XBL2 spec is not only a W3C spec, it would be helpful if we
could keep the MIME type declaration separate from the XBL2 spec (or at
least separate from anything below the table of contents; everything below
the table of contents is common to the various places the spec is
published, the parts above it are changed for each publisher).

Personally I'd recommend just doing an RFC; that's the more generally
recognised way of doing it, despite the IETF/W3C agreement.