W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2022

Draft minutes APA call 2022-05-18

From: <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:02:34 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <00e001d86ac8$4e6c1820$eb444860$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2022/05/18-apa-minutes.html
Text only: See below my signature.

Best regards,
Gottfried 

___________________________________________________
 
 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
 Access Technologies Group, Germany
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             - DRAFT -
     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

18 May 2022

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2022/05/18-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          becky, Fazio, Fredrik, Gottfried, Irfan, janina, Joshue,
          Joshue108, Lionel_Wolberger, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC,
          mike_beganyi, Nadine, nadinesienel, niklasegger, PaulG,
          Roy

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Matthew

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

    1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
    2. [4]New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/
       issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+
       requested%22
    3. [5]A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/
       horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review
         1. [6]Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description 1.1
    4. [7]new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
    5. [8]A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/
       horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review
         1. [9]WebXR Device API
         2. [10]VISS version 2 - Core
         3. [11]Reporting API 1
    6. [12]new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         1. [13]W3C TAG Ethical Web Principles
         2. [14]Privacy Principles
         3. [15]Web of Things (WoT) Architecture 1.1
         4. [16]MiniApp Manifest
         5. [17]Reporting API 1
    7. [18]Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/
       APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned
    8. [19]Task Force & Deliverables Updates
         1. [20]RQTF
         2. [21]Coga
         3. [22]Pronunciation
         4. [23]Adapt
    9. [24]Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/
       track/actions/open
   10. [25]TPAC22 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/
       TPAC_2022
   11. [26]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

  Agenda Review & Announcements

   (no announcements)

  New Charters Review [27]https://github.com/w3c/strategy/
  issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%2
  2

     [27]
https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Horizontal+
review+requested"

   MichaelC: No new charters

  A11y Review Comment Tracker [28]https://w3c.github.io/
  horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

     [28]
https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

    Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description 1.1

   <MichaelC> [29]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/
   Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Thing_Description_1.1

     [29]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Thing_Description_1.1

   <MichaelC> [30]https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/
   21#issuecomment-1125179262

     [30]
https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/21#issuecomment-1125179262

   Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description 1.1

   janina: ready for review

   janina: Have been dealing with this for years. Should be done
   by next week.
   . Identify implications of the eco system, "middleware".

   Matthew_Atkinson: Does anybody remember?
   . They used "middleware" in their reply.

   [31]https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/
   21#issuecomment-1125179262

     [31]
https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/21#issuecomment-1125179262

   janina: Voice assistance is very common nowadays

   Matthew_Atkinson: We need to respond and keep it going

  new on TR [32]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [32] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

  A11y Review Comment Tracker [33]https://w3c.github.io/
  horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

     [33]
https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

    WebXR Device API

   <MichaelC> [34]https://github.com/immersive-web/webxr/issues/
   1167

     [34] https://github.com/immersive-web/webxr/issues/1167

   <MichaelC> [35]https://github.com/w3c/a11y-review/issues/107

     [35] https://github.com/w3c/a11y-review/issues/107

   WebXR device API

    VISS version 2 - Core

   <MichaelC> [36]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/
   VISS_version_2_-_Core

     [36] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/VISS_version_2_-_Core

   <MichaelC> [37]https://www.w3.org/TR/viss2-core/

     [37] https://www.w3.org/TR/viss2-core/

   <MichaelC> [38]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/
   2022May/0029.html

     [38] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022May/0029.html

   Fredrik: Not done yet.

   VISS version 2

   Fredrik: The VISS looks okay.
   . Best practices doc contains a list of accessibility issues.
   Would require a task force.
   . Looks like there is a strong buy-in from stakeholders.

   janina: We met with them in person, before COVID.
   . They wanted a11y use cases and requirements from us, but not
   for fully autonomous vehicles.
   . Entertainment systems in vehicle are out of scope.
   . We ended up kind of dropping this.

   Fredrik: Action item could be the starting point of an
   accessibility user requirements (aur).

   janina: We need to recruit for it.

   janina: Maybe RQTF could take this up. Can talk to Jason about
   this.
   . Would add more people to this conversation.
   . RQTF has deaf and hoh participation.

   Fredrik: Better to work on this with others.

   janina: Michael, let's put something together.
   . Continuing discusson on APA and how to be more helpful.

    Reporting API 1

   <MichaelC> [39]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Reporting_API_1

     [39] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Reporting_API_1

   <MichaelC> [40]https://www.w3.org/TR/reporting-1/

     [40] https://www.w3.org/TR/reporting-1/

   <MichaelC> [41]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/
   2022May/0026.html

     [41] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022May/0026.html

   Reporting API 1

   janina: It relates to http headers.

   MichaelC: Let's leave this open for now, since Lionel is not
   here.

   Matthew_Atkinson: Is this Paul's thing about accessibility end
   point.

   <Matthew_Atkinson> This is Paul's draft comment: [42]https://
   lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022Apr/0013.html

     [42] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022Apr/0013.html

   Matthew_Atkinson: If Lionel has been looking at this, we need
   to combine it.

   janina: It is a strong suggestions. Many interesting ways to
   leverage.

   PaulG: Lighthouse...

   Matthew_Atkinson: Not sure how much needs to be specified.
   Maybe just come up with an identifier.

   janina: Maybe a standardized identifier. We need a reporting
   mechanism, a pipeline.

   Matthew_Atkinson: An extension mechanism.

   janina: Standardize, opportunity to customize
   . Slowly growing participation from overlay sector.

   Matthew_Atkinson: Paul suggests there are multiple uses of it.

   janina: People with engineering perspective should look at
   this.

   Matthew_Atkinson: We need to hear from Lionel.

   MichaelC: We are on open review comments.

   janina: Looks like we have time for that.

  new on TR [43]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [43] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

    W3C TAG Ethical Web Principles

   <MichaelC> [44]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/
   W3C_TAG_Ethical_Web_Principles

     [44] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/W3C_TAG_Ethical_Web_Principles

   <MichaelC> [45]https://www.w3.org/TR/ethical-web-principles/

     [45] https://www.w3.org/TR/ethical-web-principles/

   MichaelC: Accessibility is referenced briefly. Not sure we need
   more.

   janina: If this is the same treatment as the other specs, i am
   content.

   MichaelC: It is just documentation. Link to WAI home page.
   . Section "Web is for all people". [46]https://www.w3.org/TR/
   ethical-web-principles/#allpeople

     [46] https://www.w3.org/TR/ethical-web-principles/#allpeople

   PaulG: In section 2.4: "the platform should enable a fully
   accessible end user experience". But nothing is fully
   accessible.

   Matthew_Atkinson: Omit "fully"

   MichaelC: Comment?

   Matthew_Atkinson: It is pedantic, but a high-level doc should
   be correct.

   janina: Silver would like this to be fixed.
   . One of the core arguments of the challenges doc

   <Fazio> +1 Janina

   Fredrik: I volunteer for it.

    Privacy Principles

   <MichaelC> [47]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/
   Privacy_Principles

     [47] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Privacy_Principles

   <MichaelC> [48]https://www.w3.org/TR/privacy-principles/

     [48] https://www.w3.org/TR/privacy-principles/

   ACTION: Fredrik to draft a comment on Reporting API by
   2022-06-01. [49]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Reporting_API_1

     [49] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Reporting_API_1

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2323 - Draft a comment on reporting
   api by 2022-06-01. [50]https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/
   reporting_api_1 [on Fredrik Fischer - due 2022-05-25].

     [50] https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/reporting_api_1

   action-2323 due 2022-06-01

   <trackbot> Set action-2323 Draft a comment on reporting api by
   2022-06-01. [51]https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/reporting_api_1
   due date to 2022-06-01.

     [51] https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/reporting_api_1

   Privacy Principles

   MichaelC: Fingerprinting is the issue

   PaulG: There is a wording on this - should be covered

   MichaelC: So we just sign off

    Web of Things (WoT) Architecture 1.1

   <MichaelC> [52]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/
   Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Architecture_1.1

     [52]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Architecture_1.1

   <MichaelC> [53]https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/23

     [53] https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/23

   <MichaelC> [54]https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

     [54] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

   MichaelC: We haven't reviewed this doc yet.

   janina: Doc must be advancing towards CR.

   MichaelC: They say the editor's draft is more current.

   ACTION: janina to review Web of Things (WoT) Architecture 1.1
   [55]https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture11/, due 2022-06-01

     [55] https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture11/,

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2324 - Review web of things (wot)
   architecture 1.1 [56]https://www.w3.org/tr/wot-architecture11/,
   due 2022-06-01 [on Janina Sajka - due 2022-05-25].

     [56] https://www.w3.org/tr/wot-architecture11/,

    MiniApp Manifest

   <MichaelC> [57]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/MiniApp_Manifest

     [57] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/MiniApp_Manifest

   <MichaelC> [58]https://www.w3.org/TR/miniapp-manifest/

     [58] https://www.w3.org/TR/miniapp-manifest/

   <MichaelC> [59]https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/28

     [59] https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/28

   <MichaelC> [60]https://github.com/w3c/miniapp-manifest/issues/
   49

     [60] https://github.com/w3c/miniapp-manifest/issues/49

   action-2324 due 2022-06-01

   <trackbot> Set action-2324 Review web of things (wot)
   architecture 1.1 [61]https://www.w3.org/tr/wot-architecture11/,
   due 2022-06-01 due date to 2022-06-01.

     [61] https://www.w3.org/tr/wot-architecture11/,

   Roy: Will do.

   Roy: I can do a presentation on miniapps.

   <PaulG> noting that "label" which is listed as accessible text
   in miniapp schema is not required

   Lionel_Wolberger: I am now here.

    Reporting API 1

   Lionel_Wolberger: Hard to read, very abstract.
   . It meets a need if there is a failure on the user side.
   . Compelling if you are a web provider.
   . Happens behind the scenes.

   <Matthew_Atkinson> Lionel's email to the list on his review:
   [62]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022May/
   0026.html

     [62] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022May/0026.html

   E.g. failed certificates, CORS problems
   . Perhaps we can talk about a11y failures here?

   Matthew_Atkinson: Paul responded to this earlier.

   <MichaelC> [63]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/
   2022Apr/0013.html

     [63] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2022Apr/0013.html

   PaulG: Opportunity for inclusion. Accessibility endpoint.
   . May build on Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT).
   . Extra precautions for data security.

   Lionel_Wolberger: Endpoints could be used to put this on a
   higher level.

   janina: Could be really powerful.
   . Adding accessibility as another pipeline. Standardized
   reporting mechanism.
   . Vendor-specific extensions possible.

   Lionel_Wolberger: To my understanding, industry will support
   this.
   . Currently, we rely on accessibility statements.
   . Service providers should have an interest to know about
   accessibility failures.
   . Standardized across all platforms.
   . Users can report about accessibility issues.

   PaulG: Reporting API endpoint could point to a third party.

   Matthew_Atkinson: What are our next steps?

   janina: I would like APA to take this on. Paul, can you beef up
   your comment? Get the conversation going.
   . Maturity model should take notice of this.

   <Lionel_Wolberger> +1

   ACTION: PaulG to draft a CfC for an accessibility endpoint on
   the Reporting API spec due 2022-06-01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2325 - Draft a cfc for an
   accessibility endpoint on the reporting api spec due 2022-06-01
   [on Paul Grenier - due 2022-05-25].

   action-2325 due 2022-06-01

   <trackbot> Set action-2325 Draft a cfc for an accessibility
   endpoint on the reporting api spec due 2022-06-01 due date to
   2022-06-01.

  Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: [64]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/
  Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

     [64] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

   MichaelC: We can move on.

  Task Force & Deliverables Updates

    RQTF

   janina: Remote meetings is out for wide review comments

   [65]https://www.w3.org/TR/remote-meetings/

     [65] https://www.w3.org/TR/remote-meetings/

   janina: Two years of COVID experience in this...

    Coga

   Fazio: Two sessions at ICCHP conference.
   . Project room at ICCHP conf.

    Pronunciation

   PaulG: Talking about use cases with accessibility for children
   community group.

    Adapt

   Lionel_Wolberger: Renaming going smoothly. Focusing on TPAC -
   no breakout meetings alone.

   <Fazio> I now have access to Pronunciation

  Actions Checkin (Specs) [66]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/
  open

     [66] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

  TPAC22 [67]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022

     [67] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022

   Matthew_Atkinson: Haven't seen any requests for joint meetings
   yet.
   . We will send this information later this week. If you have
   any last-minute requests let us know.
   . TPAC organizers asked us to provide input on whether the
   following events would be of interest to us.

   <Matthew_Atkinson> List of events at end of this form (which
   you don't need to fill in; we will): [68]https://www.w3.org/
   2002/09/wbs/1/LogisticsTPAC2022/

     [68] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/LogisticsTPAC2022/

   Options:

   Technical plenary with a few high level presentations Place for
   demos Hackathon Workshop Developer meetup to include local
   community - evening event Training overview on W3C technologies
   Other

   Fazio: Two tracks by California...

   (too fast to minute)

   Matthew_Atkinson: Developer meetup should be good.

   Fazio: Coga-Workshop with "Content usable"?

   janina: You did that last year.

   Fredrik: When is the deadline for proposing these events?

   Matthew_Atkinson: This is now only to assess interest. You can
   propose the sessions later.

   Matthew_Atkinson: adjourned

Summary of action items

    1. [69]Fredrik to draft a comment on Reporting API by
       2022-06-01. https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Reporting_API_1
    2. [70]janina to review Web of Things (WoT) Architecture 1.1
       https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture11/, due 2022-06-01
    3. [71]PaulG to draft a CfC for an accessibility endpoint on
       the Reporting API spec due 2022-06-01


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [72]scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).

     [72] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html

Diagnostics

   Succeeded: s/VIS looks/VISS looks/

   Succeeded: s/dnded/ended

   Succeeded: s/asked as/asked us

   Maybe present: Options
Received on Wednesday, 18 May 2022 15:02:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 18 May 2022 15:02:51 UTC