RE: Inquiring about potential joint publication of WG-NOTE on ruby and a11y [I18N-ACTION-1090]

Hi Janina,

I don’t know why, but your reply isn’t in my inbox-but it is in our mail archive.

I can’t make the 10 November time you propose-I’m cross booked with CSS and then with another meeting. Can you propose another date/time?

Thanks,

Addison

Hello Addison:

+APA ...

Yes, I think we would be interested in publishing a note jointly with

you. In fact the potential in the approach has only expanded given

recent conversations with Epub where there's a need to provide an

accessibility solution for interlinear publications. Ruby support was

cited there as a potential model to consider, and I took an action to

write up some possible approaches.

https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/epub-wg/Meetings/Minutes/2021-10-28-epub-a11y

Our Pronunciation TF will not meet again until 1 December (for several

reasons), but I expect they would be receptive, as am I personally.

Might you be able to join our next APA call, which will be Wednesday 10

November at Noon Boston?

Best,

Janina