W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > July 2020

Minutes from 29 April

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 13:03:27 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20200729170327.GO2785@rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA teleconference of 29 April are provided below as text.
The hypertext is at:

https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-apa-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                                                                            - DRAFT -

                                                                                 Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

29 Jul 2020

Attendees

   Present
          janina, MichaelC, Irfan, Matthew_Atkinson, Joanmarie_Diggs, becky, JonnyJames

   Regrets
          Gottfried_Zimmerman, John_Foliot

   Chair
          becky

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. APA Rechartering Begins - https://www.w3.org/2018/08/apa-charter
         3. Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning - https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020
         4. Task Force Updates
         5. Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/
         6. FAST Progress Josh
         7. New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+lab
         8. Horizontal Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
         9. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
        10. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open
        11. Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-rev
        12. Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
        13. Other Business
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: janina

Agenda Review & Announcements

   bg: usual ...

   amy: some css

   bg: let's do in task forces

   ma: cg on gaming added a11y

APA Rechartering Begins - https://www.w3.org/2018/08/apa-charter

   <Matthew_Atkinson> (Here's the URL to the rechartering update for the Web Games Community Group, in case we don't get to it later: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-games/2020Jul/0005.html)

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning - https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020

   bg: reviews need to work out cross group mtgs by august 13
   ... tf's need to define who, and what agenda
   ... we need to reach out to other groups to get agreement to meet -- all before the 13th

Task Force Updates

   bg: pronunciation -- interesting mtg

   ia: yes, several screen reader vendors, good discussion
   ... discussed pros and cons of alternative approaches
   ... no consens on approach, so more discussion needed
   ... in line ssml is more work now, but seemingly more useful longer range
   ... ssml didn't care either way--as long as a mechanism to consume ssml more easily
   ... also dom validation is important
   ... jamie te will help follow up

   bg: was surprised to learn ssml not supported by apple

   <becky> js: discussed TPAC groups at RQTF

   <becky> js: working XUAR and RAUR docs. Judy pushing for taking on how to hold accessible teleconference

   <Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: RQTF working on two publications: XR Accessibility User Requirements (XAUR) and WebRTC. There are a few others that've had recent positive activity, e.g. Web of Things. Also work on how to
   hold an accessible teleconference. Moved on to working on GitHub issues for WebRTC (RAUR). Goal is to update both XAUR and RAUR before TPAC.

   <Matthew_Atkinson> Janina, Becky: Also working on the Explainer for Personalization.

   amy: have been looking at some older css ticks on github
   ... looked at april 2017 issue 589
   ... noted dependency on issue 427 -- now cleared

   mc: computed role is being used by browsers, but haven't standardized in aria
   ... not sure whether will be in aria 1.3

   <MichaelC_> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/427

   mc: member visible -- so invisible to Amy

   [discussion of how to revive ...]

   mc: wonders whether this is in AOM
   ... AOM has computed a11y tree
   ... Was Alice Boxhall in the conversation? Should confirm

   <MichaelC_> https://github.com/wicg/aom

   mc: we can say it should be handled in AOM and point the issue to Alice

   amy: one more ... also migrated

   amy issue 625

   mc: yes, authors can prevent style-sheet customization

   amy: it is hard to overwrite

   mc: wonders whether there was a redirection on this? Would be good discussion for CSS-A11y-TF with CSS

   bg: can we get low vision input? or WCAG?

   mc: first question does anyone try to do this

   bg: Wayne Dick?

   amy: Yes, got my attention

   bg: will check with him

   amy: phps people don't because it's too easily prevented?

Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/

FAST Progress Josh

   mc no news -- getting closer!

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+lab

   mc none

   zakim close this item

Horizontal Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

   mc: one new ...

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3856

   mc: relates to media queries 5 -- contrast selection
   ... question whether this issue now resolved in mq5
   ... added "forced"

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/#forced-colors

   mc: reads from mq5
   ... suggests we hold it open for another week giving time to review all the links ...
   ... closed july 24

   bg: we'll hold ...

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   mc nothing

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

   js: began review, sure we have something to say
   ... aria should not be disableable
   ... but should not expose it's use upstream
   ... more to read

   <becky> http://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/checklist.html

   mc: going through actions ... will look off call

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-rev

   js: issue in email with fast checklist

   <becky> MediaStream Track Content Hint https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-mst-content-hint-20200728/

   <Michaelc_2> ACTION: janina to review MediaStreamTrack Content Hints

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2263 - Review mediastreamtrack content hints [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-08-05].

Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   <Michaelc_2> action-2263: https://www.w3.org/TR/mst-content-hint/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2263 Review mediastreamtrack content hints.

   ma: looking to see what their work modus is
   ... seems good momentum at the moment

   bg: new grou?

   <Michaelc_2> action-2263: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/MediaStreamTrack_Content_Hints

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2263 Review mediastreamtrack content hints.

   ma: no, long time; but fell dormant and now rejuvenated because of industry activity

   js: cg with charter?

   ma: because charter focuses the mind

   <Michaelc_2> action-2263: Review request with FAST checklist submitted: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2020Jul/0031.html

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2263 Review mediastreamtrack content hints.

   ma: francois is involved

   bg: looks at matrix and sees april 2013 last activity --

   ma: yes, but has another web forum incl workshop from last week

   bg: fell off our list because of inactivity
   ... remaining groups relatively new -- so we can return to them later

   <Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: we could do with a new/better definition of what it means to synchronize media. E.g. a transcript can be pretty loosely synchronized, but audio that goes along with a video stream would
   seem off if it was more than a few milliseconds out. We could talk to Timed Text at TPAC? RQTF could examine the literature for synchronisation requirements.

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review MediaStreamTrack Content Hints

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: janina MichaelC Irfan Matthew_Atkinson Joanmarie_Diggs becky JonnyJames
Regrets: Gottfried_Zimmerman John_Foliot
Found Scribe: janina
Found Date: 29 Jul 2020
People with action items: janina


-- 

Janina Sajka
https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 29 July 2020 17:03:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:07 UTC