W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > July 2020

Re: Agenda: APA WEEKLY Teleconference; Wednesday 22 July at 1600Z

From: Mathew Atkinson <matkinson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 17:01:31 +0000
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CA862095-6A14-47B9-91DB-AE22D58FEF20@tpgi.com>
Hi all,

Please find minutes at <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/22-apa-minutes.html>, and repeated below for convenience.

Best regards,


Matthew

  - DRAFT -


  Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference


    22 Jul 2020


    Attendees

Present
    janina, becky, irfan, Matthew_Atkinson, JF
Regrets
Chair
    Janina
Scribe
    Matthew_Atkinson


    Contents

  * Topics <#agenda>
     1. Agenda Review & Announcements <#item01>
     2. APA Rechartering <#item02>
     3. Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning <#item03>
     4. Task Force Updates <#item04>
     5. FAST Progress <#item05>
     6. New Charters Review
        https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

        <#item06>
     7. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <#item07>
     8. Actions Checkin (Specs)
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open <#item08>
     9. Issues Dashboard Review
        https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

        <#item09>
    10. Community Groups Tracking
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups <#item10>
    11. Other Business <#item11>
  * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
  * Summary of Resolutions <#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<scribe> scribe: Matthew_Atkinson


      Agenda Review & Announcements


      APA Rechartering


      Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

Janina: Requesting lists of groups with whom our TFs would like to meet.
Irfan (Pronounciation) has sent a list so far.

Irfan, Janina: making good progress in the Pronounciation TF, including
industry feedback.


      Task Force Updates

Janina: RQTF is working on mapping (regarding workshop) and WebRTC is
making good progress also.


      FAST Progress

Josh: *is away after this week until the 10th*


      New Charters Review
      https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

      <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22>


      new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

      <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>

<becky> https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-permissions-policy/

<https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-permissions-policy/>

<MichaelC> Permissions Policy <https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions-policy-1/>

Michael, Janina, JF, Becky: Agree that some review of this is needed.

JF: Should some aspects (e.g. ARIA) be out of scope with respect to what
can be disabled?

Janina, Michael: *agrees - we need to check what is in/out of scope*

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* janina to review Permissions Policy
https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions-policy-1/

<https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions-policy-1/>

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2262 - Review permissions policy
https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/

<https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/> [on Janina Sajka - due
2020-07-29].

<MichaelC> action-2262:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Permissions_Policy

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Permissions_Policy>

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2262 Review permissions policy
https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/.

<https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/>

<MichaelC> Permissions <https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions/>

Michael: We should review this also.

<MichaelC> action-2262: Also review Permissions
https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions/>

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2262 Review permissions policy
https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/.

<https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/>


      Actions Checkin (Specs)
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open>

Gottfried: *sent an email to APA list about CSS Media Queries Level 5*
Suggests that we work on 5 and present our work on that to the group at
TPAC.
... they have useful properties; need use cases (including from us).

Janina: Perhaps some of the Silver use cases could be relevant?

Gottfried: e.g. timeout
... *Plans to set up a page in the Wiki to track use cases*

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2189

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2189> (Janina; browser
fingerprinting)

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2186

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2186> (review of UI events)

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/uievents/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/uievents/>

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/UI_Events_Specification

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/UI_Events_Specification>

<MichaelC> close action-2186

<trackbot> Closed action-2186.

<MichaelC> action-2151 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2151 Review permissions
https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions/>
due date to 2020-07-29.

<MichaelC> close action-2148

<trackbot> Closed action-2148.

<MichaelC> action-2145 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2145 Ping review on long tasks api 1 due date to
2021-01-22.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP3/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP3/>

Michael: We had a question about whether bookmarklets, which could be
used for accessibility purposes, could be blocked. Extensions are not
blocked, but the spec is ambiguous about bookmarklets.

<MichaelC> action-2131 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2131 Ask webappsec if csp is meant to block
bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users explicitly
request (not xss) due date to 2020-07-29.

<MichaelC> action-2131:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Content_Security_Policy_Level_3

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Content_Security_Policy_Level_3>

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2131 Ask webappsec if csp is meant to
block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users
explicitly request (not xss).

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1229

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1229>

<MichaelC> close action-1229

<trackbot> Closed action-1229.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/618

<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/618>

Janina: Michael: *will raise this*


      Issues Dashboard Review
      https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

      <https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review>


      Community Groups Tracking
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups>

Attempts are afoot to reboot the Web Games community group
(<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-games/2020Jul/0000.html

<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-games/2020Jul/0000.html>>).
I am planning to join as an interested person (and suggest that
accessibility be explicitly covered in their charter). The charter
review concludes this week. Happy to be an official connection to APA if
you like.

<Joshue108> +1 that Matthew

Michael: Please ask them about being a liaison for APA.

Will do :-)

<Joshue108> Go Matthew :-)


      Other Business

Amy: *is working through the issues on GitHub* Happy to review CSS
Transforms Module Level 2.
... *Highlights this issue:* https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/39

<https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/39>

*General agreement in APA that this is an issue and in-scope for the CSS WG*

Amy: This issue - https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/1

<https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/1> - has now been covered in the
spec, so should we close it?

Gottfried: Let's check that it has been completely covered.

<janina> Challenges version of this conversation is at:

<janina> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/1209

<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/1209>

RRSAgent make minutes


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* janina to review Permissions Policy
https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions-policy-1/

 


    Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's
scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
(CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2020/07/22 16:58:52 $

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com

A Vispero Company
https://vispero.com

--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Received on Wednesday, 22 July 2020 17:01:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:07 UTC