W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > April 2020

Minutes from 1 April

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:01:34 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20200401170134.GG2212@rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA weekly teleconference of 1 April are provided below in
text. Hypertext is at:

https://www.w3.org/2020/04/01-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                                                         Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

01 Apr 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Janina, Matthew_Atkinson, Joshue108_, JF, Gottfried, becky, Irfan_

   Regrets

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          JF

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications
         3. New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
         4. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         5. Issues Review Tracking
         6. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         7. Other Business
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: JF

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Paired down and light agenda today

   will be looking at the new tracking system in more detail

   MA: Quick announcement. Knows of a person at RNIB who is doing testing of XR

   hope to see some feedback on the XAUR which she really likes

   <Joshue108_> Great to hear Matthew!

   will be providing feedback shortly via mailling list

   JS: wondering aloud if RNIB is still a W3C member - maybe conscript a new member there?

   JO: glad to hear positive feedback

   LW: just verified that RNIB is still a member

Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications

   JS: not much to say. All documents that were going to [publication have now been published

   some followup with Shawn - apologies for delay in publishihng (ref: Pronunciation TF)

   Issues related to CSS speak module versus Pronunciation TF have been resolved (positively)

   complimentary, not competing

   JS: Personalization is struggling with revamping explainer after TAG review

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

   MC: there are several

   <MichaelC> https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html

   We've had some level of interest with this one

   JS: question for Mathew - is this too low level?

   MA: believe so, yes, but double-checking now

   JS: agree, believe we've already discussed this

   MC: so no comment frm APA?

   JS: yes

   MA: quick look - think it is probably too low level

   JS: but should a11y be addressed/included here?
   ... is there some value here?

   MA: looks like something like Open GL - just a tool. We're likely more intersted at a slightly higher level

   the level where a11y would be considered would be higher than this

   MC: so can sign off o htis?

   JS: yes

   <MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/webtransport-charter/charter.html

   MC: suspect this too is too low-level

   JS: any disagreement?

   [none]

   <MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/dap-charter/DASCharter-2020.html

   JF: is this WoT?

   MC: believe WoT is higher up
   ... I think we've commented on this once before

   [checking]

   MC: we looked at some, and decided not to comment

   JF: possibility of pro-active outreach?

   MC: do we want them to have a liason statement to APA? Doesn't seem that clear to me
   ... when we look at their spec, we need to ensure they *do* have somehting related to a11y
   ... it starts out as boiler-plate, and they chose not to remove it from their charter

   MA: thinking about previous topic - only concern is if it by-passes AT?
   ... not sure if that requires a full coordination , or just a question we need to ask at the appropriate time?

   MCF: if there is a known or predictable issue, we should act, otherwise we can wait

   MC: thinking we can wait for now

   <MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-wg-charter/

   MA: wait and ask the question via normal channels

   MC: pretty sure we decide this too was too low level

   [multiple agreements]

   <MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/epub-3-wg-charter/

   E-Pub 3

   we were going to take this to WAI coordination meeting - feels like this is more of an ARIA WG item than APA

   JS: we should ask then. next call is next week

   <MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

   MC: normally we wouldn't review one of our own groups, but Judy would like us to look at this with a fine-tooth comb

   <scribe> ACTION: Janina to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2244 - Review eo charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-04-08].

   <scribe> ACTION: Leonie to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2245 - Review eo charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html [on Léonie Watson - due 2020-04-08].

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   MC: there are none for us to review... but need to look back 2 weeks...
   ... Media queries level 5

   JS: we should re-consider with regard to Personalization

   MC: we've already noted tht
   ... but looking back, no other new specs to look at

Issues Review Tracking

   <MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

   MC: there are 6 comments we've not responded to

   at a minimum we need to respond yes or no

   MC: our comment is likely "we don't need to track", right?

   JS: unclear

   think we're interested that this is implemented

   not sure if there is need for our input

   MC: this may just be a dangling issue...

   JS: do we need to investigate?

   MC: we need to satisfy ourselves. Will leave as pending at this time

   JS: we need to review the 6 in our queue

   MC: putting a note in this
   ... next is "deprecate speech media type"
   ... assume we *don't* want to deprecate at this point

   JS: Leonie, are yo awqare of any relationship here?

   LW: no, but the CSS speech thing has been parked for a decade

   but will investigate

   MC: so another one where we need to learn more

   <scribe> ACTION: Leonie to investigate if there is a

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2246 - Investigate if there is a [on Léonie Watson - due 2020-04-08].

   <MichaelC> close action-2246

   <trackbot> Closed action-2246.

   <scribe> ACTION: Leonie to investigate Media Queries Level 5 related to CSS SPeech

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2247 - Investigate media queries level 5 related to css speech [on Léonie Watson - due 2020-04-08].

   MC: comment to add new CSS text transform values for math

   was very active, but has slowed recentl;y

   MC: suspect we want to track

   JS: yes

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

   MC: suspect we also want to track that issue

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3040

   Jonny James filed this - perhaps on our behalf. Suspect we should continue to track

   JS: agree

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3856

   JS: should we run this by Andy at AGWG/Silver?

   [consensus to do that]

   JS: so we're keeping all of these active

   and we have next steps on almost all of them

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   JS: we've not looked at this in a while
   ... hope to be more up-to-date by this time next week

   BG: we looked at P-in-P and discussed, but never wrote anything down, so need to do that still

   <Gottfried> action-2239?

   <trackbot> action-2239 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review media queries level 5, https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-5/ -- due 2020-03-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2239

   GZ: Media queries 5 is still on me - hope to have it ready for next time

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Janina to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html
   [NEW] ACTION: Leonie to investigate if there is a
   [NEW] ACTION: Leonie to investigate Media Queries Level 5 related to CSS SPeech
   [NEW] ACTION: Leonie to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: Janina Matthew_Atkinson Joshue108_ JF Gottfried becky Irfan_
Found Scribe: JF
Found Date: 01 Apr 2020
People with action items: janina leonie


-- 

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 1 April 2020 17:01:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:06 UTC