RE: APA's Emerging Tech Sessions From TPAC

Hi, Alastair:

Thanks for your reading of the minutes from the CSS Accessibility TF meeting at TPAC. Thanks also for your specific suggestions, and for your interest in pursuing this and related issues further.

We do have a TF for accessibility among CSS, APA, and ARIA. The activity level has never been as high as APA would like, but I continue hopeful about changing that. I do believe there are good opportunities for better technological support of accessibility requirements, and many likely would come via implementations of CSS specs that end users could more easily use.

One outcome from our most recent meeting seems to be the agreement that users aren’t readily facilitated to take advantage of support already available in CSS. I’m hoping we can organize the work to change that.

There is a TF home page here:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/

The TF Facilitator for APA is Ian Pouncey, cc’d here.

Most activity that does exist is reflected in github issues.

I’ll be happy to engage you in future activity. Thanks again for your interest and for the specific suggestions in your email.

Best,

Janina