W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > October 2019

Minutes of APA call on 2019-10-09

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:06:19 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <093601d57ec3$deee7670$9ccb6350$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2019/10/09-apa-minutes.html
Text format: See below.

Summary of Action Items
   [NEW] ACTION: Becky to review Mini-App white paper

Best regards,
Gottfried 
___________________________________________________
 
 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
 Access Technologies Group, Germany
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

09 Oct 2019

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC,
          interaccess, IanPouncey, Irfan, CharlesL, Roy,
          Joshue108_, Manishearth, kip, Gottfried, MichaelC_

   Regrets

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. [4]Workshop Updates
         3. [5]Task Force Updates
         4. [6]Horizontal reviews
            https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is
            %3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
         5. [7]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         6. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         7. [9]Community Groups Tracking Review
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

   <Becka11y> presesnt+

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Matthew: We should touch on the HTML review

   Janina: Yes.
   ... W3C workshop on inclusive immersive web. Deadline has been
   extended until Fri.

Workshop Updates

Task Force Updates

   Janina: Still figuring out what is the language for the
   accessibility impact section is.
   ... Discussion on RQTF list.

   <janina>
   [12]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019Oct/00
   14.html

     [12] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019Oct/0014.html

   Janina: CfC consensus today for the audio book spec. It is
   basically a manifest.

Horizontal reviews
[13]https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+lab
el%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Horizontal+review+requested"

   <MichaelC> [14]Second Screen WG draft charter

     [14] https://w3c.github.io/secondscreen-charter/

   Michael: We provided input before.
   ... Liaison statement to APA.
   ... Any comments?

   Janina: Concerned about their turn-around in members. We might
   want to update them on the previous comments we had.

   Michael: Looks like we don't need to comment

   <MichaelC> [15]Verifiable Claims draft charter

     [15] https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/verifiable-credential-2019.html

   Michael: They are switching from development to maintenance
   mode.

   Janina: Publishing had some comments.

   Michael: Charter has a liaison statement to us.

   <MichaelC> [16]Web of Things draft charter

     [16] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-charter-draft-2019.html

   Michael: Staff contact is Kazuyuki Ashimura. They have a
   liaison statement to us.

new on TR [17]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [17] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   Michael: Things were left over from last week.

   <MichaelC> [18]MiniApp Standardization White Paper

     [18] https://www.w3.org/TR/mini-app-white-paper/

   Michael: I feel would be good have people not from China
   reviewing it.

   Becky: I can do it.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Becky to review Mini-App white paper

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2214 - Review mini-app white paper
   [on Becky Gibson - due 2019-10-16].

   <MichaelC> action-2214:
   [19]https://www.w3.org/TR/mini-app-white-paper/ MiniApp
   Standardization White Paper

     [19] https://www.w3.org/TR/mini-app-white-paper/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2214 Review mini-app white
   paper.

   Michael: You are likely to raise questions more than formal
   comments.

   <MichaelC> action-2214:
   [20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/MiniApp_Standardization_Whi
   te_Paper

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/MiniApp_Standardization_White_Paper

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2214 Review mini-app white
   paper.

   [21]https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/NOTE-vc-use-cases-20190924/
   Verifiable Credentials Use Cases

     [21] https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/NOTE-vc-use-cases-20190924/

   Michael: They believe they addressed the issues.

   <MichaelC> [22]Accessibility issues filed in verifiable claims

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:closed+accessibility

   Michael: But they didn't inform us about this.
   ... We need to look if we are satisfied with that.

   Janina: The original comments were from Tzvaya.
   ... Can we contact her about this?

   <MichaelC> [23]Verifiable Credentials Data Model 1.0

     [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/verifiable-claims-data-model/

   Michael: They may go to CR soon - better rush.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[24]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   <Matthew_Atkinson> Update on my proposal for how to go about
   the HTML review (this builds on Léonie's suggested PRs that are
   tagged as relating to accessibility):
   [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Oct/001
   3.html

     [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Oct/0013.html

   <Joshue108_> great stuff Matt

   <Joshue108_> we do.

   Matthew: I created a few shell scripts to find out about the
   critical commits.
   ... The process should work now.
   ... There are 365 commits - mostly small.
   ... Ignoring editorial changes.
   ... Will start with PRs pointed to be Leonie.
   ... Working on it.

   Janina: These scripts may be useful for other purposes as well.

   Becky: I looked at the commits marked with "accessibility".
   ... Quite a work to read through all this.

   Matthew: Later commits may overwrite earlier commits - that may
   be wasting time for us.
   ... But i didn't find a better way.
   ... We should not file any issue before we got through the full
   list of commits.
   ... The more people looking at it the better.
   ... If you have comments on a PR, write the to list, so i can
   accommodate it.
   ... I will follow this through.

   Janina: At TPAC, somebody pointed out that a good practice is
   for groups to write a note about what they finally changed.

   <Joshue108_> +1

   Michael: That is what WhatWG does.

   Matthew: Open the commit on command line tools vs. on Github.
   Need a URL for the pull request.
   ... Will see if this works reliably.

   Janina: The getgit? command should show a bunch of commits.

   Matthew: Looked at that. But looking at commits immediately in
   the browser.

   Michael: You might help to improve our horizontal review
   process.

   Janina: Simple stuff is the best.
   ... There was a meeting at TPAC on this. All groups on
   horizontal reviews need better tooling.

Community Groups Tracking Review
[26]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

     [26] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   Becky: I updated the ones we talked about last time.

   BD Comics Manga, [27]https://www.w3.org/community/bdcomacg/

     [27] https://www.w3.org/community/bdcomacg/

   Janina: I think we have an interest.
   ... WAI-CC call needs to assign this to a person.

   Voter Decision Systems,
   [28]https://www.w3.org/community/voter-decision-support/

     [28] https://www.w3.org/community/voter-decision-support/

   Becky: No need to track.

   Notation 3 (N3), [29]https://www.w3.org/community/n3-dev/

     [29] https://www.w3.org/community/n3-dev/

   Becky: NO need to track.

   ARIA and Assistive Technologies,
   [30]https://www.w3.org/community/aria-at/

     [30] https://www.w3.org/community/aria-at/

   Becky: We need to track, although ARIA should track.

   Michael: This is coordinated with the ARIA Implementation
   Practices, so no need to track for APA.

   Bibframe2Schema.org,
   [31]https://www.w3.org/community/bibframe2schema/

     [31] https://www.w3.org/community/bibframe2schema/

   Becky: no need to track

   Janina: Agree

   Gottfried: Does this involve the accessibility extension of
   schema.org?

   Janina: This is for bibliographic citation.

   Gottfried: Should be fine then.

   web Video Map Tracks (WebVMT),
   [32]https://www.w3.org/community/webvmt-cg/

     [32] https://www.w3.org/community/webvmt-cg/

   Becky: We should track this, i think.
   ... Only 2 participants.
   ... stream video with location data, etc.
   ... I can look into it more.

   Janina: Let's skip it for now - only if it grows we need to
   track.
   ... Check again in a year.

   Knowledge Graph Construction,
   [33]https://www.w3.org/community/kg-construct/

     [33] https://www.w3.org/community/kg-construct/

   Becky: Don't know what R2RML language is.
   ... Looks like pulling out data, not really visual.

   Janina: Sounds like a database thing.
   ... Don't need to worry about.

   Becky: Was also my thought.

   Computational Legal Description Support,
   [34]https://www.w3.org/community/clads/

     [34] https://www.w3.org/community/clads/

   Becky: No need to track. No participants.

   Janina: Agree

   ceddl html attribute-based markup and javascript api,
   [35]https://www.w3.org/community/ceddl-webspec/

     [35] https://www.w3.org/community/ceddl-webspec/

   Customer Experience Digital Data Layer.

   Becky: No need to track.
   ... Sounds like website personalization.

   Janina: What do they mean by personalization. Targeting their
   ads?
   ... That's a question mark.

   Becky: I can look into this more.
   ... Came out in March, and they have 3 participants.

   Michael: If they produce a spec, then we should look into this.
   Should look at it later.

   Janina: Agree.

   Michael: Catch them in development before they go too far.

   Schema Extensions for IoT,
   [36]https://www.w3.org/community/iotschema/

     [36] https://www.w3.org/community/iotschema/

   Becky: We should be aware of this.

   Michael: We might want to impact this.
   ... Via Josh and RQTF.

   Janina: RQTF can be assignee.

   MathML Extensions, [37]https://www.w3.org/community/mathml4/

     [37] https://www.w3.org/community/mathml4/

   Janina: There is already disability participation.
   ... No need to track for us - already being taken care of.

   Becky: Can we later sort by assignee?

   Janina: We can think about this. Maybe Judy has a suggestion.

   Becky: At least it should sort by the last update date.

   Talent MarketPlace Signaling,
   [38]https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/

     [38] https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/

   Becky: No need to track.
   ... What is signaling?
   ... Maybe we do need to track so that they do not call out
   properties that reveal disability.

   Janina: I do not see a particular problem here. We can come
   back when problems come up.

   SVG, [39]https://www.w3.org/community/svgcg/

     [39] https://www.w3.org/community/svgcg/

   Becky: No need to track.

   Janina: Agree.

   actions?

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Becky to review Mini-App white paper

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([41]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/10/09 17:05:27 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56
Check for newer version at [42]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/65/365/
Succeeded: s/the/to/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, in
teraccess, IanPouncey, Irfan, CharlesL, Roy, Joshue108_, Manishearth, ki
p
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs Matthew_Atkinson MichaelC interaccess Ia
nPouncey Irfan CharlesL Roy Joshue108_ Manishearth kip Gottfried Michael
C_
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 09 Oct 2019
People with action items: becky

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [43]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 9 October 2019 17:06:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:35 UTC