W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > April 2019

APA minutes for 2019-04-10

From: Matthew Tylee Atkinson <matkinson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 15:28:10 +0100
Message-Id: <255FC736-7C4C-4F91-9B6B-8EC28884B2EC@paciellogroup.com>
To: public-apa@w3.org
HTML: https://www.w3.org/2019/04/10-apa-minutes.html

Text version follows.

W3C <http://www.w3.org/>


  - DRAFT -


  Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference


    10 Apr 2019


    Attendees

Present
    janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson
Regrets
    Becky, Michael, Jonny, Chris, Irfan, Gottfried
Chair
    janina 
Scribe
    Matthew_Atkinson, janina


    Contents

  * Topics <#agenda>
     1. Agenda Review & Announcements <#item01>
     2. TPAC 2019 <#item02>
     3. Task Force Updates <#item03>
     4. CAPTCHA Note Update <#item04>
     5. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <#item05>
     6. Actions Checkin (Specs)
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 <#item06>
     7. Other Business <#item07>
  * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
  * Summary of Resolutions <#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<janina> scribe: Matthew_Atkinson


      Agenda Review & Announcements

Michael: announcements from AC meeting: work done on memorandum of
understanding with the WHAT working group. To be made public after the
meeting (hasn’t been yet). Will cover potential joint work/deliverables.
... Evergreen recommendation was also discussed; happening through
process community group. Seems likely to be accepted. APA should look
closely at it.
... whether a spec is evergreen would be at charter time.

Janina: Wondering about implications of evergreen for Sliver.

Michael: Accessibility came up a lot at the meeting. Horizontal review
seen as important, along with security and privacy.
... There is an influx of accessibility-focused member organisations.

Josh: Good to hear about the focus on accessibility.

Janina: wondering if ARIA may go evergreen.

Joanie: [not in official capacity] Potential the accessibility API
mappings are a candidate for becoming evergreen.

Michael: Registries may be natural candidates for becoming evergreen;
perhaps it is less clear with accessibility API mappings.

Joanie: release cycles for WGs are relevant to the matter of going
evergreen, or not, too.


      TPAC 2019

Janina: APA session will be requested soon.


      Task Force Updates

<janina> scribe: janina

matthew: Had conversation with Workshop organizer, Francois
... More coming, also working on a position paper

mathew: Looking to expand the participation in creating position paper
... May be more than one paper
... Reminds us that we have open issue on managing the paper
presentation on behalf of APA

janina: Asks timeline

mathew: 27 & 28 June is Workshop

mathew Registration is early May

mathew: Already have a paper draft, just going to hoops on sharing
widely because of multiple authors
... hoping for late this week
... Asking what a typical W3C paper looks like?
... more to stimulate conversation?
... notion that people will read in advance

michael: We have support from W3C leadership as well

josh: Yes to your understanding
... It's informal, not the academic formality at all

mathew: Decision on who's going is 24 May, but hoping to welcome many


      CAPTCHA Note Update

https://raw.githack.com/w3c/apa/editorial2-captcha/captcha/index.html

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: above URL is the latest draft. Latest tweaks
include wording to indicate that validating whether someone is a human
or robot is different to logging in.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: Some concerns are around if the use of
CAPTCHAs is going to grow.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: Issue 25: reCAPTCHA appears to have stopped
offering audio CAPTCHAs as existing automated tools can be used to
answer them.


      new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<Matthew_Atkinson> Michael: CSS Transforms Module Level 1 - APA to
complete its review.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Michael: User Timing Level 3 - looked at it a month
ago; were unsure if there were fingerprinting issues. Suggest making it
an agenda item.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: will add agenda item

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Apr/0010.html

<Matthew_Atkinson> Michael: WebVTT - has been republished as CR to
identify certain features are at risk. The question for APA is: do those
at-risk features impact accessibility?

<Matthew_Atkinson> Michael: There are three at-risk features (detailed
in the message linked above)

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: will ask John Foliot


      Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


      Other Business

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: We should schedule a conversation soon about
the idea of revisiting verticals. How is APA going to get ready in
advance for work that might happen in W3C. The idea of a wishlist is
raised.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: examples may include new charters, existing
verticals and emerging projects. Suggest Josh be involved.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Josh: Agree; suggest polling the group about the
verticals and use-cases such as WebRTT.

<Matthew_Atkinson> *WebRTC

<Matthew_Atkinson> rrsaagent, make minutes


    Summary of Action Items


    Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's
scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
(CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date$

------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs Matthew_Atkinson
Regrets: Becky Michael Jonny Chris Irfan Gottfried
Found Scribe: Matthew_Atkinson
Inferring ScribeNick: Matthew_Atkinson
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: Matthew_Atkinson, janina
ScribeNicks: Matthew_Atkinson, janina
Found Date: 10 Apr 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
diagnostic output]
normal


-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com
A Vispero Company
https://www.vispero.com/
--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Thursday, 11 April 2019 14:28:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:33 UTC