WebVTT CR Update

From: Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 17:29:17 -0400
To: public-apa@w3.org
Cc: Gary Katsevman <me@gkatsev.com>, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Dear APA,

I'd like to bring your attention to last week update of the WebVTT
Candidate Recommendation. The new specification did not make substantive
changes to its specification but did mark 3 features at risk:
[[
The following features are at-risk, and may be dropped during the CR period:
     collision avoidance with snap-to-lines false
     ::cue-region pseudo-element
     :past and :future pseudo-classes
]]
https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-webvtt1-20190404/

To the best of my knowledge, none of those features are affecting
accessibility but we'd like confirmation from the APA WG.

The current deadline for comments is May 2, since we're trying to figure
out whether it's possible to move the spec beyond CR before the Group
rechartering but, if you need extra time to investigate this, please let
us know.

Thank you,

Philippe