Re: Pre CfC Check: Spoken Pronunciation Task Force

Seizing the bull by the horns quickly...

On review, I noted the following:

Approach

The SPTF works within the APA Working Group and will focus on achieving a
specific goal that will be broadly implementable by browsers, and will work
with the Publishing Working Group, Web Platform Working Group, ARIA Working
Group, and Timed Text Working Group. The Task Force will monitor new issues
raised against its approach and related specifications and provide feedback
on those impacting accessibility.

Question: would we not also be looking to involve the CSS WG (Ref: CSS3
Speech module - https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/NOTE-css3-speech-20180605/)?

I also note that the CSS3 Speech module also references the now
closed Voice Browser Working Group (https://www.w3.org/Voice/) and a number
of earlier efforts in this space (noting them here so that the TF might be
made aware of those activities - just in case)

JF

--
*John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist

Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good

deque.com