W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2018

Re: Draft APA minutes of 2018-01-10

From: Becky Gibson <becky@knowbility.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:37:59 -0500
Message-Id: <8BC2C419-9E43-46F0-A634-7D91C9F16E2E@knowbility.org>
Cc: "Gottfried Zimmermann (Lists)" <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>, W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
To: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Yeah, live and learn.  I guess just pressing +1 is not enough - you need to also manually type your name.


> On Jan 10, 2018, at 5:43 PM, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com> wrote:
> 
> Thanks for this Gottfried.
> 
> I note that some attendees on the call forgot to do their Present+, thus suggesting via the minutes that there was only 1 person present for the call. Not a huge issue, but a friendly reminder that this is something you should be doing whenever you enter the IRC channel... (not just for this WG, but all W3C calls where Zakim is present).
> 
> JF
> 
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Gottfried Zimmermann (Lists) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com <mailto:zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>> wrote:
> HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2018/01/10-apa-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2018/01/10-apa-minutes.html>
> Text format: See bottom of this message.
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> [NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of Web Annotation Extensions for Web
> Publications - due 6 months
> 
> Best regards,
> Gottfried
> ___________________________________________________
> 
>  Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
> Mobile User Interaction
> ___________________________________________________
> 
>    [1]W3C
> 
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/ <http://www.w3.org/>
> 
>      Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
> 
> 10 Jan 2018
> 
>    [2]Agenda
> 
>       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011.html>
> 
> Attendees
> 
>    Present
>           gottfried
> 
>    Regrets
>           Léonie, JF
> 
>    Chair
>           SV_MEETING_CHAIR
> 
>    Scribe
>           gottfried
> 
> Contents
> 
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
>          2. [5]CSS A11y TF
>          3. [6]Actions Checkin (Specs)
>             https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8>
>          4. [7]new on TR
>             http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>
>          5. [8]APA and W3C Verticals -- Leonie
>          6. [9]Charter Renewal
>      * [10]Summary of Action Items
>      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
> 
> preview agenda with items from two minutes
> 
>    <scribe> scribe: gottfried
> 
> CSS A11y TF
> 
>    Michael: Neither Ian nor Janina are here - nothing to discuss.
> 
> Actions Checkin (Specs)
> [12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8>
> 
>      [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8>
> 
>    action-2123?
> 
>    <trackbot> action-2123 -- Ted Drake to Triage changelog of dom
>    4.1
>    [13]https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 <https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4> -
>    note stuff on mutation -- due 2017-04-19 -- OPEN
> 
>      [13] https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 <https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4>
> 
>    <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2123 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2123>
> 
>      [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2123 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2123>
> 
>    Ted: Started - hope to finish soon.
> 
>    <MichaelC> action-2123 due 2 weeks
> 
>    <trackbot> Set action-2123 Triage changelog of dom 4.1
>    [15]https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 <https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4> -
>    note stuff on mutation due date to 2018-01-24.
> 
>      [15] https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 <https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4>
> 
>    action-2152?
> 
>    <trackbot> action-2152 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review ttml
>    profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.1
>    [16]https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.1/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.1/> -- due 2017-11-15 --
>    PENDINGREVIEW
> 
>      [16] https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.1/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.1/>
> 
>    <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2152 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2152>
> 
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2152 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2152>
> 
>    Michael: I need to ping Janina on that.
> 
>    action-2052?
> 
>    <trackbot> action-2052 -- Becky Gibson to Review
>    [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/> shadow dom -- due
>    2017-02-01 -- OPEN
> 
>      [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/>
> 
>    <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052>
> 
>      [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052>
> 
>    <MichaelC> action-2052 due 4 weeks
> 
>    <trackbot> Set action-2052 Review
>    [20]https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/> shadow dom due date to
>    2018-02-07.
> 
>      [20] https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/>
> 
> new on TR [21]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>
> 
>      [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>
> 
>    Michael: Skipping CSS specs - wait until Ian is here.
> 
>    <MichaelC> [22]Packaged Web Publications
> 
>      [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/pwpub/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/pwpub/>
> 
>    Michael: We said we don't need review for packaging format. So
>    here neither?
> 
>    Janina: Don't need to review this.
> 
>    Michael: HTML 5.3 - wait for Leonie
> 
>    <MichaelC> [23]ODRL Information Model 2.2
> 
>      [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/>
> 
>    Janina: Used for DAISY already. Don't expect any issues.
>    ... Has been used since the late 90s.
>    ... We managed to settle on how to do DRM if people want
> 
>    Michael: Previously, we said we need to make sure DPUB knows
>    about this.
>    ... Marking as not needed.
> 
>    <MichaelC> [24]Web Annotation Extensions for Web Publications
> 
>      [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/>
> 
>    Michael: They don't take over annotations - just extending for
>    publishing
>    ... Web Annotation Data Model went to REC
> 
>    Janina: I trust publishing. But wouldn't hurt to look at it at
>    some point - too much right now.
>    ... Defer 6 months
> 
>    <MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to ping review of Web Annotation
>    Extensions for Web Publications - due 6 months
> 
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2165 - Ping review of web annotation
>    extensions for web publications [on Michael Cooper - due
>    2018-07-10].
> 
>    <MichaelC> action-2165: [25]https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/>
> 
>      [25] https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/>
> 
>    <trackbot> Notes added to action-2165 Ping review of web
>    annotation extensions for web publications.
> 
>    <MichaelC> action-2165:
>    [26]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Annotation_Extensions_f <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Annotation_Extensions_f>
>    or_Web_Publications
> 
>      [26]
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Annotation_Extensions_for_Web_Publicatio <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Annotation_Extensions_for_Web_Publicatio>
> ns
> 
>    <trackbot> Notes added to action-2165 Ping review of web
>    annotation extensions for web publications.
> 
> APA and W3C Verticals -- Leonie
> 
>    Janina: Leonie is going to lead this discussion. Talking about
>    stacks and people to become involved in.
> 
>    Michael: Leonie was interested in WebVR, CSS (we already have a
>    TF for that)
>    ... We might want to set up user requirements files for these
>    verticals.
> 
>    Janina: Authenticaion, payment, automotive, media
>    ... Media is probably going to work via publishing - Community
>    Group
> 
>    Michael: Should we add AI to the list?
> 
>    Janina: List as candidate in new charter draft?
>    ... Idea would be interop across platforms.
> 
>    Michael: Address a11y problems in AI applications.
> 
>    Janina: And Web of Things
> 
>    Michael: Graphics, and more in relation with other groups, e.g.
>    i18n
>    ... architecture, a11y technical coordination
>    ... We should play a role that multiple guidelines are aligned
>    ... APA might want to become more active on this
> 
>    Janina: We have a number of APA people who are active in WCAG
>    ... So we should be able to do that.
> 
>    Michael: Topic personalization needs to be monitored and
>    coordinated with other topics
>    ... Make sure we are all working on a common solution
> 
>    Becky: Also AR?
> 
>    Michael: I believe there is or was a workshop on it
>    ... Worth tracking
> 
>    Janina: Probably being folded into VR
> 
>    Michael: Could be, but AR has additional challenges of
>    interfering with the real world.
> 
>    Gottfried: Smart cities & smart homes
> 
>    Michael: Those are probably subcategories
>    ... In automotive it is about Web of Things in a car.
>    ... Janina, what else did you want to talk about here?
>    ... Anybody interested in being involved in these topics?
> 
>    Becky: smart cities
> 
>    Gottfried: e-learning - i am involved in the CG
> 
>    Michael: Overlaps a bit with publishing
>    ... E-learning is the prime reason why publishing is interested
>    in a11y
> 
>    Gottfried: Also interested in Web of Things, smarthomes, smart
>    cities - but depends on time
> 
>    Michael: People can help to build groups and draw other people
>    in
> 
>    Becky: Put me down for AR - but limited time
> 
>    Michael: Ian on CSS
> 
>    Janina: Me on payments
> 
>    Ted: Me on payments also
> 
>    Michael: For media: John and Janina
>    ... Automotive: Janina
>    ... Publishing: Gottfried in e-Learning, but we might want
>    another driver for publishing
> 
>    Becky: I have experience on Readium
> 
>    Janina: Jason for authentication
> 
>    Michael: Judy for AI?
> 
>    Janina: Okay
>    ... SVG is active again
> 
>    Michael: Need a coordination session for graphics
> 
>    Janina: Suggest Amelia
> 
>    Michael: Now i have a name for each of the verticals.
> 
> Charter Renewal
> 
>    Janina: Say something about verticals. Some will be active,
>    some be pending.
>    ... Other than that, i don't think we want to change anything
>    else.
>    ... Spec reviews will still be our main work.
> 
>    Michael: Structure so that we don't need to deliver on all
>    verticals.
> 
>    Janina: Yes, that would be too ambitious.
> 
>    Michael: Some might need to be refined.
>    ... Spec review documents - not sure
> 
>    Janina: A11y impact statements should be included.
> 
>    Michael: Need to review our dependencies
>    ... Move XTECH
> 
>    Janina: Review consensus and review policy. But don't think we
>    need to change anything.
> 
>    Michael: No major issues yet - but may be due to small group
>    ... Some people say cfc must be open for a week, other only 48
>    hours
>    ... Compromise might be that it should be in the range of 48h -
>    1 week
> 
>    Janina: Usually we make the cfc for 48 hours, even though the
>    date may be a week away
> 
>    Michael: In WCAG, sometimes people may record objections, but
>    the chair may overrule.
>    ... APA policy allows for that as well, but we are more
>    cautious.
>    ... Need to think about the license for our publications.
>    ... Document license
>    ... Software & document license for code samples.
>    ... If we only do non-normative things, we may not need a hard
>    copyright
>    ... But we have to state our license preference in the charter
> 
>    Janina: Need to discuss this and come to an agreement
> 
>    Michael: My personal opinion is that non-normative things
>    should be under software & doc license. But normative things
>    should be under doc license.
>    ... Half-completed draft by me
> 
>    Becky: Link to it?
> 
>    Michael: The link is in the charter.
>    ... Later content is in the checklist
>    ... Need to do a redirect
>    ... Emphasis on verticals is a new thing for the charter
> 
>    Janina: It will be useful to get people involved
>    ... We got good support by HTML5 on user a11y requirements
>    ... Publishing needs - non-temporal document as master source
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>    [NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of Web Annotation
>    Extensions for Web Publications - due 6 months
> 
> Summary of Resolutions
> 
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
> 
> 
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
>     1.152 ([28]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2018/01/10 18:02:18 $
>      __________________________________________________________
> 
>      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
>      [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>
> 
> Scribe.perl diagnostic output
> 
>    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
> This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
> Check for newer version at [29]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
> scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>
> 
>      [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>
> 
> Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)
> 
> Succeeded: s/packaging spec/packaging format/
> Succeeded: s/CSS docs/CSS specs/
> Succeeded: s/word/world/
> Succeeded: s/XTAG/XTECH/
> Succeeded: s/wekk/week/
> Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final
> 
> *** RESTARTING DUE TO EMBEDDED OPTIONS ***
> 
> Default Present: gottfried
> Present: gottfried
> 
> WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!
> 
> Regrets: Léonie JF
> Found Scribe: gottfried
> Inferring ScribeNick: gottfried
> Agenda: [30]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011
> .html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011.html>
> 
>      [30] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011.html>
> 
> WARNING: No meeting chair found!
> You should specify the meeting chair like this:
> <dbooth> Chair: dbooth
> 
> Found Date: 10 Jan 2018
> People with action items: cooper
> 
> WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
> warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
> a link to the original IRC log.)
> 
> 
> 
>    [End of [31]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
> 
>      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> John Foliot
> Principal Accessibility Strategist
> Deque Systems Inc.
> john.foliot@deque.com <mailto:john.foliot@deque.com>
> 
> Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion
Received on Thursday, 11 January 2018 02:38:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 11 January 2018 02:38:24 UTC