RE: Draft APA charter

This draft is an encouraging start. I would suggest the following.

Replace reference to "Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines" with "Framework for Accessible Specification of Technologies" (FAST), for consistency with section 2.1, and clarify the intention to pursue W3C Recommendation status. Consider making this work more prominent in the text of section 1 (scope), if approrpaite.

Section 3.1: consider whether to add the Publishing Working Group. If they decide to work on a technology for media synchronization, for example, then it may require wider coordination. They may also have other requirements that should be discussed with APA.

Section 3.2: Coordination with the DAISY Consortium's interests may be achieved via the Publishing Working Group, given the significant role of DAISY Consortium staff in that group. Consider whether the external dependency remains appropriate, now that Publishing is included in W3C.

From the standpoint of my role as Research Questions Task force facilitator, the single item in the Scope section pertaining to the Task Force could be clarified. The scope currently extends to discussing the gaps and questions and reviewing relevant research to propose technical approaches, where appropriate - and is not confined to identifying the problems to be solved.

I would also welcome clarification of APA's role in relation to the COGA Task Force - at a minimum, text in the Scope section that supports whatever work is expected to be carried out in this area on behalf of APA during the proposed charter period.

The above comments are put forward as matters to consider, not as requests for changes.

Thank you for your compliance.