W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > April 2017

Minutes of APA call on 2017-04-12

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:42:48 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <00af01d2b3ab$d2066660$76133320$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-apa-minutes.html
Text format: see below.

Best regards,
Gottfried

___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
Mobile User Interaction
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

12 Apr 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0007.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC

   Regrets
          John_Foliot

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [6]Accessibility Survey Last Call
            http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html
         3. [7]COGA FPWD -- Ready for CfC?
         4. [8]Community Groups Last Call
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
         5. [9]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [10]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         7. [11]Other Business
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <janina> Michael, can you hear me?

   <janina> Oops.

   <janina> Will hang up and try again.

   <janina> Still no go? Argh. Another device!

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   Janina: Ongoing self-assessment
   ... (separate agenda item)

   Michael: HTML 5.2 is now up

   Janina: I have a review on that - will come up on action items

   Michael: Leonie says that now there is stuff to look at

   Janina: They are looking to go to CR in June

Accessibility Survey Last Call
[14]http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

     [14] http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

   <scribe> New URI: [15]http://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/checklist

     [15] http://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/checklist

   Michael: Didn't get much of comments, not even from APA
   members.
   ... I filled the Explanation column - should be better
   understandable now.
   ... Has not had any review yet. We need a hives review now.
   ... Will be presented to the Advisory Committee in two weeks.
   Need a quick turn-around if issues exist.
   ... I can make fixes quickly if necessary.

   Janina: Should close this next week.

   Michael: I sent an email message already

   <MichaelC> [16]Updates to technology checklist

     [16] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0006.html

   Janina: Maybe we should add to the subject line that we want to
   close

   Michael: Did not want to - since i am not chair

   Janina: Can we start a CfC next week only?

   Michael: We need consensus - no choice. I may need some time to
   fix issues.

   Janina: Probably not call this "final"?
   ... We will not run a CfC but we absolutely need to remove any
   major issues.

   Michael: For later, we need to talk about other things like
   where the doc should live

COGA FPWD -- Ready for CfC?

   Janina: We had a kind of informal last call in the past weeks.
   They have a corpus of supporting issue papers.

   <MichaelC> Latest edits to COGA Issue Papers:
   [17]https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/

     [17] https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/

   Janina: This seems appropriate to get wider review. May still
   need some editorial work, but substantively good.

   <MichaelC> Latest edits to COGA Gap Analysis:
   [18]https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/

     [18] https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/

   Michael: Don't think we sent out a CfC to AG wg.
   ... Only informally. Did not get a response yet.

   Janina: Suggestion we had talked about: More active voice
   rather than passive voice.
   ... Send out a CfC?
   ... (no objection)
   ... Okay, i will send a CfC without a telecon.

Community Groups Last Call
[19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   Janina: Are we done? Or is there more to do for us?
   ... If this is ready, Katie and i will present it to the WAI
   IG.
   ... Anyone thinking we need more time on this?

   (nobody)

   scribe: I propose we are finished
   ... I will contact Katie about this

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   <MichaelC> [21]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2117

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2117

   action-2117?

   <trackbot> action-2117 -- Janina Sajka to Check our checklist
   list against iso 30007-1 -- due 2017-03-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2117

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2117

   Gottfried: Should be ISO/IEC 30071-1
   ... Title is: Information technology — Development of user
   interface accessibility — Part 1: A code of practice for
   creating accessible ICT products and services
   ... Originally coming from BS - Accessible web development. Now
   a broader scope.

   Janina: We don't want to provide conflicting guidance.

   Link to ISO: [23]https://www.iso.org/standard/70913.html

     [23] https://www.iso.org/standard/70913.html

   Gottfried: Will soon be balloted as DIS.
   ... DIS vote could be the last chance for technical changes.
   ... There is going to be an 8-week (second) CD ballot, starting
   2017-05-01 at latest.
   ... So it is a CD vote, not a DIS vote.
   ... But still important since you have to comment at the
   earliest stage possible.

   action-2124?

   <trackbot> action-2124 -- Janina Sajka to Follow up with
   johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input
   events non-leveled -- due 2017-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

   Janina: I think i did this, but don't recall a response from
   Johannes.

   Michael: It seems he has replied on Mar 30.

   Janina: I think we need Leonie for discussing this. Ongoing.

   <MichaelC> action-2124:
   [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/002
   9.html

     [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0029.html

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2124 Follow up with johannes
   wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input events
   non-leveled.

   action-2112?

   <trackbot> action-2112 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review push api
   [26]https://w3c.github.io/push-api/ -- due 2017-03-22 -- OPEN

     [26] https://w3c.github.io/push-api/

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2112

     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2112

   Janina: I think i need some more time on this. Need input from
   Web payment accessibility group. But will go ahead now and
   draft a comment - they can add their input later.

new on TR [28]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [28] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   Michael: I believe we can skip these.

   <MichaelC> [29]Accelerometer

     [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/accelerometer/

   Michael: Low-level device stuff.

   <MichaelC> [30]Gyroscope

     [30] https://www.w3.org/TR/gyroscope/

   <MichaelC> [31]Magnetometer

     [31] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Magnetometer

   Janina: I think PF looked at this. We did not have a particular
   concern.

   <MichaelC> [32]Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT) Rules
   Format 1.0

     [32] https://www.w3.org/TR/act-rules-format-1.0/

   Michael: I assume we don't care about this.

   Janina: Anybody who wants to look at this?

Other Business

   Janina: I don't have any other business. Anyone?

   (none)

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/04/12 16:41:10 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at [35]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s|[36]http://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/|[37]http://w3c.github.io
/apa/fast/checklist|
Succeeded: s/alrdady/already/
Succeeded: s/30070-1/30071-1/
Default Present: Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC
Present: Janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC
Regrets: John_Foliot
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Agenda: [38]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0007
.html
Found Date: 12 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [39]http://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-apa-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [36] http://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/
     [37] http://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/checklist
     [38] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0007.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-apa-minutes.html


   [End of [40]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:43:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:25 UTC