W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > October 2016

Minutes: APA Telecon Wednesday 26 October at 16:00Z

From: Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:00:45 +0100
Message-Id: <99AB0004-7767-4B9D-B61C-C17D3D4677AF@agosto.nl>
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Minutes for today’s meeting can be found at his URL or as text below: https://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html

—Michiel

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

26 Oct 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Oct/0032.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Janina, Rich-Schwerdtfeger, MichielBijl, MichaelC,
          Katie_Haritos-Shea, LJWatson, Ted

   Regrets
   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          MichielBijl

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [6]agenda review
         3. [7]next and future meetings
         4. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         5. [9]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         6. [10]APA's Accessibility Checklist
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   <scribe> scribe: MichielBijl

agenda review

   JS: More discussion on survey form to share with spec writers
   ... where we would think they there will be accessibility
   concerns
   ... output from discussions last couple years

   websec (?) has something similar

   It’ll stay on the agenda till finished.

   Anyone with anything to add?

   Any news?

   LW: Looks like HTML 5.1 will get directors approval this week
   and will be published next week.

next and future meetings

   <janina> ProposaL: APA will NOT meet on 23 November and 21 & 28
   December.

   <janina> Meetings in 2017 will begin 4 January.

   JS: This is standard practice

   Would resume on 4th of January

   Anyone with have a problem with that calendar?

   Okay, hearing none lets move on.

   KHS: Yeah, no problem

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   JS: Michael, action!

   action 297(?)

   MC: was a timeline on it, if you’re busy it’s okay

   JS: There is something, want to re-read the whole thing

   <LJWatson> action-2097?

   <trackbot> action-2097 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review
   [14]https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/ webrtc 1.0: real-time
   communication between browsers -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

     [14] https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2097

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2097

   action-2096

   <trackbot> action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub
   comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

   MC: Should we leave Ted’s?

   He just joined!

   TD: Went through the comments

   Looked like what we were asking for

   Have to see if any action was taking on it

   It looks good

   Looks reasonable

   Wondering what the action is

   Not sure what the conflict is

   <Ted__>
   [17]https://github.com/microformats/microformats2-parsing/issue
   s/2#issuecomment-236712535

     [17] https://github.com/microformats/microformats2-parsing/issues/2#issuecomment-236712535

   MC: Would be useful to see if understanding from comment is
   same as understanding from comment

   TD: Kind of the conflict going on is with parsing

   Didn’t seem reasonable

   *explains use case*

   I’m interested in Micro pub

   Don’t mind looking through the conte t

   MC: Will look at it next week

   <MichaelC> action-2091?

   <trackbot> action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations
   [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ -- due 2016-10-26
   -- OPEN

     [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

   MC: We need to recruit *laughs*

   Let’s put on planning agenda for next week

   action-2090

   <trackbot> action-2090 -- Janina Sajka to Review portable web
   publications use cases and requirements
   [20]https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

     [20] https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2090

     [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2090

   JS: That was nice

   It’s a requirements document, it’s very thorough.

   Web accessibility is well represented

   MC: Will put in Wiki

   We can close this action

   <MichaelC> close action-2090

   <trackbot> Closed action-2090.

   action-2086

   <trackbot> action-2086 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Review
   [22]https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due
   2016-09-28 -- OPEN

     [22] https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2086

     [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2086

   RS: Haven’t done that yet

   MC: Is there a timeline on this?

   No there isn’t a special timeline

   RS: I’ll try to do that

   action-2081

   <trackbot> action-2081 -- Michael Cooper to See if web app
   manifest comments are dealt with
   [24]https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest -- due
   2016-08-17 -- OPEN

     [24] https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081

     [25] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081

   MC: Getting more stale

   I believe…

   I believe…

   action-2048

   <trackbot> action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review
   [26]https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2
   (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN

     [26] https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048

     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048

   MC: We’ll leave that open

   JS: A little longer, but not a lot longer, will need to read
   that too

   actio-2029

   action-2029

   <trackbot> action-2029 -- John Foliot to Review discovery &
   registration of multimodal modality components: state handling
   [28]https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/ -- due 2016-10-20
   -- OPEN

     [28] https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2029

     [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2029

   MC: Leave open?

   JS: yeah

   action-2052

   <trackbot> action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review
   [30]https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due
   2016-09-28 -- OPEN

     [30] https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

     [31] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

   MC: Is this urgent?

   JS: Don’t recall status

   MC: Re-assigned from Cynthia

   Can let it sit

   JS: Okay

   action-2069

   <trackbot> action-2069 -- Michael Cooper to Follow up on
   [32]http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions
   -- due 2016-08-04 -- OPEN

     [32] http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069

     [33] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069

   MC: leave it

   action-2070

   <trackbot> action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread
   with [34]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css
   counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us
   -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN

     [34] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

     [35] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

   JS: Will ping her

   Have updated it

new on TR [36]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [36] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   MC: There are 14!

   Need to reply to ambient light

   Same for audio devices

   CSS Scroll Snap Module level 1

   <MichaelC> [37]CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1

     [37] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-scroll-snap-1/

   We decided we wanted to have the CSS TF to look at it

   It has gone to REC, but haven’t looked

   JS: We need to recruit…

   MC: Not sure we checked

   Should we create an action?

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to get CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1
   into CSS TF radar [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2098 - Get css scroll snap module
   level 1 into css tf radar [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-11-02].

   <MichaelC> action-2098:
   [39]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Scroll_Snap_Module_Leve
   l_1

     [39] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Scroll_Snap_Module_Level_1

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2098 Get css scroll snap
   module level 1 into css tf radar.

   MC: Next one: CSS Table Module Level 3

   First public working draft

   <MichaelC> [40]CSS Table Module Level 3

     [40] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-tables-3/

   JS: So we have some time?

   Should we assign an action?

   MC: There is a big banner that covers a large part of my
   screen.
   ... We’ll defer for now

   <MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to ping review of CSS Table Module
   Level 3 - due 15 Feb [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action02]

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2099 - Ping review of css table
   module level 3 [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-02-15].

   Generic Sensor API

   Media Source Extensions

   MC: One of the ones I’m sitting on

   Pub sub(?)

   <MichaelC> [42]PubSub

     [42] https://www.w3.org/TR/pubsub/

   First public working draft

   MC: Would like Shane to do it

   As in, Shane knows how to translate

   JS: Extended time period but put on Shane

   MC: 2-3 months?

   <MichaelC> ACTION: shane to review PubSub
   [43]https://www.w3.org/TR/pubsub/ - due 3 months [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action03]

     [43] https://www.w3.org/TR/pubsub/
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2100 - Review pubsub
   [45]https://www.w3.org/tr/pubsub/ [on Shane McCarron - due
   2017-01-26].

     [45] https://www.w3.org/tr/pubsub/

   JS: 3 months is fine

   Service Workers 1

   JS: Think Léonie can be of help

   LW: Possible not actually

   Not a spec I have a great deal to do with out the three of us

   <MichaelC> [46]Service Workers 1

     [46] https://www.w3.org/TR/service-workers-1/

   JS: So we don’t know who to assign to?

   LW: My hunch is that we don’t have to look at it

   Will check with other co-chairs

   JS: That’s perferct

   TD: Not volunteering, but…

   Will see a lot of people using it in the coming years

   MC: Could give you an action to have someone on your team to
   look at it

   JS: Lets give Léonie an action and let her do her thing

   <MichaelC> ACTION: watson to check with web platform chairs
   about a11y implications of service workers
   [47]https://www.w3.org/TR/service-workers-1/ [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action04]

     [47] https://www.w3.org/TR/service-workers-1/
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2101 - Check with web platform chairs
   about a11y implications of service workers
   [49]https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/ [on Léonie Watson
   - due 2016-11-02].

     [49] https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/

   LW: Week should be fine, thanks

   <MichaelC> action-2101:
   [50]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Service_Workers_1

     [50] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Service_Workers_1

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2101 Check with web platform
   chairs about a11y implications of service workers
   [51]https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/.

     [51] https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/.

   MC: Next spec: spacial data on the web best practices

   Is a working group note

   <MichaelC> [52]Spatial Data on the Web Best Practices

     [52] https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/

   No working drafts

   Guess we can skip this

   JS: yeah

   Unless anyone objects

   MC: Not sure what we did with other spacial specs

   Next is…

   another note

   <MichaelC> [53]Spatial Data on the Web Use Cases & Requirements

     [53] https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-ucr/

   MC: Let’s see if they intend to do something with it

   JS: Give it to me, give me two weeks

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Spatial Data on the Web Use
   Cases & Requirements [54]https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-ucr/ - due 2
   weeks [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action05]

     [54] https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-ucr/
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2102 - Review spatial data on the web
   use cases & requirements [56]https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/ [on
   Janina Sajka - due 2016-11-09].

     [56] https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/

   <MichaelC> action-2102:
   [57]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Spatial_Data_on_the_Web_Use
   _Cases_%26_Requirements

     [57] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Spatial_Data_on_the_Web_Use_Cases_&_Requirements

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2102 Review spatial data on
   the web use cases & requirements
   [58]https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/.

     [58] https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/.

   MC: Next up “Why is this open”

   UI events code values

   Rich you are reviewing?

   <MichaelC> [59]UI Events KeyboardEvent code Values

     [59] https://www.w3.org/TR/uievents-code/

   RS: Stuck in the review

   MC: Does APA care?

   RS: Aren’t those the values you assign to keys?

   LW: Yeah, like keyCodes

   RS: Not sure that’s an issue for us

   MC: Has this been updated since 15th of December?

   LW: Key values?

   RS: Looking at keyevents

   LW: They got changed from DOM Level 3 to keyevents

   <Rich> [60]https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-uievents-key-20161024/

     [60] https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-uievents-key-20161024/

   MC: there is a dated URI on TR

   Something has not gone right

   Dated URI:

   <MichaelC> [61]UI Events KeyboardEvent key Values

     [61] https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-uievents-key-20161024/

   Is APA going to track this?

   JS: Think we’re comfortable with what ARIA decides to do with
   it.

   <MichaelC> [62]Vehicle Signal Server Specification

     [62] https://www.w3.org/TR/vehicle-information-service/

   “The W3C Vehicle Signal Server Specification defines a
   WebSocket based API that enables client applications to GET,
   SET, SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE to vehicle signals and data
   attributes.”

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review
   [63]https://www.w3.org/TR/vehicle-information-service/ Vehicle
   Signal Server Specification [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action06]

     [63] https://www.w3.org/TR/vehicle-information-service/
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2103 - Review
   [65]https://www.w3.org/tr/vehicle-information-service/ vehicle
   signal server specification [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-11-02].

     [65] https://www.w3.org/tr/vehicle-information-service/

   JS: Think it relates to personalisation

   Give it to me

   Need some time, how about 16th of November

   <MichaelC> action-2103 due 16 Nov

   <trackbot> Set action-2103 Review
   [66]https://www.w3.org/tr/vehicle-information-service/ vehicle
   signal server specification due date to 2016-11-16.

     [66] https://www.w3.org/tr/vehicle-information-service/

   <MichaelC> action-2103:
   [67]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Vehicle_Signal_Server_Speci
   fication

     [67] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Vehicle_Signal_Server_Specification

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2103 Review
   [68]https://www.w3.org/tr/vehicle-information-service/ vehicle
   signal server specification.

     [68] https://www.w3.org/tr/vehicle-information-service/

   MC: That clears TR!

   *crowd goes wild*

APA's Accessibility Checklist

   JS: Main concern is what we do with our list

   What to send to other groups when they’re formed

   Question is, is what Michael drafted sufficient, what is
   missing?

   MC: Don’t think it’s sufficient, so want to know what is
   missing.

   KHS: Also sent a suggestion on the data format, might be
   relevant as well.

   JS: I missed that, I’m sorry

   KHS: Might have sent that directly to you

   There is a requirement for health data

   They must be accessible when transferred or viewed

   Should meet—I think—WCAG Level A.

   JS: So a US law?
   ... Is this a user requirement, more than a spec req?

   KHS: So when I change insurance company, they need to give me
   my health record, it’s now digital. Anyone should be able to
   look at it, it must be accessible.

   JS: Not clear how that affects the data format itself.

   LW: Katie do you think this needs a new spec?

   KHS: No, think this should be on the accessibility checklist.

   <Ryladog_> One example of where there are data file WCAG2 legal
   requirements is in the ACA regulations in the US Federal
   government for Electronic Health Records (as part of the
   Affordable Health Care Act ACA) where there are certification
   and test requirements identified. In plain English, the
   regulation/rule requires that when patients need to access/use
   their EHR via viewing, downloading or transmitting that the
   resulting files MUST be WCAG 2 Level A (or AA) confo[CUT]

   <Ryladog_> Specifically the Certification Test Procedure says:
   The test procedure will evaluate the capability of the EHR
   technology to permit patients and their authorized
   representative(s) to view the provider’s name and office
   contact information and Common MU Data Set using ambulatory EHR
   technology; and the admission and discharge dates and
   locations, discharge instructions, and reason(s) for
   hospitalization, and the Common MU Data Set using inpatient EHR
   tech[CUT]

   <Ryladog_>
   [69]http://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/2014editionehrc
   ertificationcriteria_mustage2.pdf

     [69] http://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/2014editionehrcertificationcriteria_mustage2.pdf

   <Ryladog_> §170.314(e)(1) View, download and transmit

   JS: Needs more discussion

   <Ryladog_> §170.314(e)(1) View, download and transmit

   <Ryladog_>
   [70]https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/170_314e1_for_
   final_posting.pdf

     [70] https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/170_314e1_for_final_posting.pdf

   <Ryladog_> Test Procedure for §170.314 (e)(1) View, download,
   and transmit to a 3rd party with edge protocol testing

   <Ryladog_>
   [71]https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/170_314e1_for_
   final_posting.pdf

     [71] https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/170_314e1_for_final_posting.pdf

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of CSS Table Module Level 3
   - due 15 Feb [recorded in
   [72]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: janina to get CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1 into
   CSS TF radar [recorded in
   [73]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review
   https://www.w3.org/TR/vehicle-information-service/ Vehicle
   Signal Server Specification [recorded in
   [74]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review Spatial Data on the Web Use
   Cases & Requirements https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-ucr/ - due 2
   weeks [recorded in
   [75]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: shane to review PubSub
   https://www.w3.org/TR/pubsub/ - due 3 months [recorded in
   [76]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: watson to check with web platform chairs about
   a11y implications of service workers
   https://www.w3.org/TR/service-workers-1/ [recorded in
   [77]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action04]

     [72] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action02
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action01
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action06
     [75] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action05
     [76] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action03
     [77] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html#action04

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [78]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([79]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/10/26 16:58:01 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [78] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [79] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14
Check for newer version at [80]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [80] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/priblem/problem/
Succeeded: s/CSS WG/websec/
Succeeded: s/alw/law/
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Present: Janina Rich-Schwerdtfeger MichielBijl MichaelC Katie_Haritos-Sh
ea LJWatson Ted
Agenda: [81]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Oct/0032
.html
Found Date: 26 Oct 2016
Guessing minutes URL: [82]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: cooper janina shane watson

     [81] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Oct/0032.html
     [82] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/26-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



   [End of [83]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [83] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 26 October 2016 17:01:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 26 October 2016 17:01:11 UTC