RE: APA Comments on the MSE CR

This W3C note on the Accessibility Features of SVG dates back to 2000, but it still contains useful and relevant information:
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/

This SitePoint.com article has Tips for Accessible SVG:
http://www.sitepoint.com/tips-accessible-svg/

This W3C wiki is a gathering place for recent SVG accessibility information:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/SVG_Accessibility/

HTH
Léonie.

--