From: Matt King [mailto:a11ythinker@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 3:34 PM
To: 'Fred Esch' <fesch@us.ibm.com>; Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
Cc: 'Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group' <public-apa@w3.org>
Subject: RE: scrolling and scroll bars

Screen readers read all content that is in the DOM but not explicitly hidden from the AX tree, i.e., display:none, visibility:hidden, aria-hidden=true.

Screen readers (unlike magnifiers) do not care about visual scrolling as long as scrolling is not adding to or removing from the DOM or changing whether content is explicitly hidden.

Matt