W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2016

Minutes: APA Telecon 6 January at 17:00Z

From: Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 19:06:20 +0100
Message-Id: <6325600A-6CCC-4184-8BE2-F1E7956139A7@agosto.nl>
To: public-apa@w3.org
Minutes for todays APA telecon can be found as text in this e-mail and at the following URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/01/06-apa-minutes.html <http://www.w3.org/2016/01/06-apa-minutes.html>

—Michiel

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

06 Jan 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0008.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/01/06-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, JF, Janina, LJWatson, Michiel_Bijl,
          MichaelC, matt_king, Katie, Haritos-Shea

   Regrets
          Rich, Shane

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          MichielBijl

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [6]APA Housekeeping
            http://www.w3.org/2015/10/apa-charter.html
         3. [7]Draft APA Decision Policy
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy
         4. [8]Actions Review (Specs)
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open
         5. [9]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         6. [10]Proposed Final Design for W3C Technical Reports
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan
            /0007.html
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   <scribe> scribe: MichielBijl

   JS: We've gotten off to a good start this year!

   JF: Wilco and Marcy will be joining Deque this year!

   MC: Working on the tracker migration.
   ... Hopefully migrate tomorrow

APA Housekeeping [13]http://www.w3.org/2015/10/apa-charter.html

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2015/10/apa-charter.html

   JS: Expecting some new members (formally)
   ... Old mail list will bounce
   ... Propose we keep the Webex title the same (means we can keep
   the same Webex code)

   MC: Might split

   JS: Tracker has higher priority
   ... Might confuse new members
   ... If we have to explain this too often we might change it

Draft APA Decision Policy
[14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy

     [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy

   JS: Differences n PF we had 48 hours for CfC
   ... We tried to make that longer
   ... Second change from PF, applies more to ARIA WG,
   teleconfrence are important parts of how the group functions

   LW: If a resolution is proposed on a call, will we expect
   people to read the minutes for the CfC resolution??

   JS: We will make a note of it when we push the minutes
   ... For this to work it needs to be fair
   ... Need to make it explicit in the e-mail

   <Zakim> cyns, you wanted to say it would be good to have a
   separate email that lists all the cfcs. Don't want to have to
   dig through minutes.

   <LJWatson> +1 to Cyns

   JS: Something like: Not just minutes, also includes CfC

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask if Zakim could be modified to
   auto-generate an email with CfC's

   CS: I don't want to read all the minutes

   JF: Can it be automated?

   MC: If you type "resolution:" the scribe script takes action
   ... Think they're also placed at the bottom of the minutes
   ... We would need to look into it

   JF: Yeah I'd love to read all the minutes, I don't get to
   attend all the calls or can read all the minutes

   LW: What if we have multiple CfC's in the same minutes?
   ... That'll make it near to impossible to follow

   JF: Good point

   MB: What is the reason for this proposed change?

   MC: Administrative overhead, but maybe that's the way it needs
   to be
   ... It might not be hard to automate it

   JF: Can we find out?

   MC: Yes

   LW: I don't mind volunteering until we have a automated
   solution

   JS: Michael, do you want an action for this?

   MC: Not necessary

   <MichaelC> [15]PF Resolutions in Tracker

  https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/resolutions

   *discussion about dates on the tracker*

   MC: If we get CfC mails automated, can we get people trained to
   reply to those automated e-mails?

   JF: Can we test this on this call?

   JS: Let's handle one problem at a time

   JF: next item?

   JS: We have more to discuss, but let's move forward

Actions Review (Specs)
[16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

   MC: James set a couple of his actions to "pending review"

   JS: Can we bounce e-mails to PF to the APA list?

   MC: Let me see
   ... Splash screens are sometimes used to inform users on how to
   use an application

   JS: Sounds worthy to me, anybody?

   MC: James also send editorial comments (accessibility related)
   ... Might want to send them to the group non the less

   <MichaelC>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/mid/E1YnUr0-000GJq-1x%2540deneb.w3.org

     [17] http://www.w3.org/mid/E1YnUr0-000GJq-1x%2540deneb.w3.org

   JS: If there is no objection we have consensus

   <MichaelC> close action-1648

   <trackbot> Closed action-1648.

   JS: Thank you James
   ... Let's take it up now
   ... I think it's more than enough guidens on what a good
   description looks like

   <mck> action-1763?

   <trackbot> Sorry, but action-1763 does not exist.

   <MichaelC>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1763

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1763

   <janina>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0014
   .html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0014.html

   JS: My proposal is that I just forward that to MSE
   ... Currently accepted mechanism include longdesc

   MC: What jumps out at me is that it describes colour and shape
   information
   ... I think there are formal names for all the symbols
   ... Arguments, colour and shape can help discussing with a
   colleague

   JF: That's why I include it

   JS: I think we can offer to help and refine it

   JF: I was on the fore front of the discussion of longdesc
   ... This image needs a long description

   JS: Saying W3C has formally accepted longdesc might help

   <jamesn> +1 to JF - lets state the issue not the solution

   JF: That might stir up Cupertino
   ... Let's state the issue, not the solution
   ... We made our point

   <cyns> +1 to john

   LW: We're not going to include every possible way

new on TR [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   MC: Not seeing anything jumping out that we need to look at

   JS: One thing we need to care about is the screen API
   ... That you can lock it portrait/landscape

   <MichaelC> [21]The Screen Orientation API

     [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/screen-orientation/

Proposed Final Design for W3C Technical Reports
[22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0007.html

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0007.html

   JS: fantasai has been working on a new TR design
   ... We've had comments in the past (colour contrast etc)

   JF: I think it is good overall
   ... One of the things they did, they reduced the contrast for
   anchors
   ... They want to make it very readable
   ... They are trying to improve the readability if you have
   sentence with a lot of links
   ... They use a darker grey as underline
   ... WCAG does not state underlines should meet colour contrast
   requirements
   ... fantasai has tweaked it a little bit

   MK: I'm really wondering why you would consider the underline
   as part of the text

   <JF> SAmple layout is here:
   [23]http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/design/w3c-restyle/201
   6/sample

     [23] http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/design/w3c-restyle/2016/sample

   JF: Asked a group member with low vision if the underline was
   clear, he said no

   CS: They need to do user testing

   MB: Agree

   JS: We need to stop
   ... Please take a look online
   ... We'll need to continue this on-list

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/01/06 18:04:15 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34
Check for newer version at [26]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/JS/JS: We tried to make that longer/
Succeeded: s/CfC/CfC resolution?/
Succeeded: s/those/e-mails to PF/
Succeeded: s/??/MSE/
Succeeded: s/it describes colour/it describes colour and shape informati
on/
Succeeded: s/TZ/CS/
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs JF Janina LJWatson Michiel_Bijl MichaelC matt_k
ing Katie Haritos-Shea
Regrets: Rich Shane
Agenda: [27]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0008
.html

     [27] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jan/0008.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 06 Jan 2016
Guessing minutes URL: [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/01/06-apa-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2016/01/06-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



   [End of [29]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 6 January 2016 18:07:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 6 January 2016 18:07:15 UTC