From: Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:09 AM
Subject: Call for Consensus (CFC): Comments on review of the Device Posture
API
To: Accessible Platform Architectures Administration <
public-apa-admin@w3.org>

Colleagues: This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to the Accessible
Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group testing for agreement on a
formal comment to Device Posture API (formerly referred to as Screen
Fold API) https://www.w3.org/TR/device-posture.

The document was authored by The Device and Sensors Working Group,
https://www.w3.org/das.

An accessibility review was requested of the APA as part of our role
in performing horizontal review of W3C documents for accessibility
concerns.

It was reviewed by APA member Paul Grenier who proposed the following
comments https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jan/0004.html

1. Per previous discussions, I'd prefer to see summary accessibility
   considerations organized under a heading at the same level as Security and
   Privacy Considerations.
   2. In the Accessibility Considerations section, I would like to see an
   extrapolation of 1.3.4 Orientation
   <https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/orientation.html> applied
   to device posture until it can be addressed in those documents. For
   example, "Content does not restrict its view and operation to a single
   display orientation <https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-orientation/> or
   single device posture <https://www.w3.org/TR/device-posture/#posture-modes>,
   unless a specific display arrangement is essential
   <https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/orientation.html#dfn-essential>

***Action to Take***

This CfC is now open for objection, comment, as well as statements of
support via email. Silence will be interpreted as support, though
messages of support are certainly welcome.

If you object to this proposed action, or have comments concerning
this proposal, please respond by replying on list to this message no
later than Wednesday April 21, 2021 23:59 (Midnight) Boston Time.

NOTE: This Call for Consensus is being conducted in accordance with
the APA Decision Policy published
at:http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy

Becky & Janina
co-chairs APA Working GroupBecky Gibson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/beckygibsona11y/

Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures http://www.w3.org/wai/apa

Janina Sajkahttps://linkedin.com/in/jsajka <https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka>

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:    http://a11y.org <http://a11y.org/>

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative
(WAI)Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures
http://www.w3.org/wai/apa