Re: status property for annotations

Mark Smith wrote:

> Does anyone know of an XML status property that could be used with the
> Annotation schema?  The idea is to implement simple work flow for
> annotations that happen to be "change requests" or "action items."
>
> Bugzilla (http://www.bugzilla.org) has a status field in their
> database schema but they have not defined any XML schema.  Possible
> values are: UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED, RESOLVED, VERIFIED,
> CLOSED.  See:
> http://www.ravenbrook.com/project/p4dti/tool/cgi/bugzilla-schema/index.cgi?action=single&version=2.18&view=View+schema#notes-workflow).
>

> The minimum set of concepts I need are ASSIGNED, RESOLVED, and VERIFIED.
>
> iCalendar (RFC 2245) defines a Status property (and there is some work
> on XML schema for iCal).  But the allowed values for "to do" kinds of
> items are:  NEEDS-ACTION, COMPLETED, IN-PROCESS, CANCELLED.  This
> would work fine, except there is no concept similar to VERIFIED.
>
> Does anyone know where else to look for this kind of thing?
>
> -Mark Smith
> Pearl Crescent, LLC

This functionality has been on my Annotea extensions list a long time.
If there is a perfect schema it could be used with Annotea.

In case one is needed I would like to add a status property that users
could define the values they care about similarly to how users now can
define the types of annotations. Not really end-users now as we never
had a nice ui for that but at least by someone who could modify a bit of
sample RDF. And hopefully some day we will have nice ui:s too.

Should we add status value to each annotation/reply and let the ui show
the current status for the thread? Other ideas more detailed use cases
about this?

Marja