Re: interoperability issue -- posting text/html bodies with Annotea

Mark Smith wrote:

> All of the examples on the Annotea protocol page
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html) use XHTML to
> represent inline bodies when posting new annotations. What is the
> correct way to post text/html bodies (which are not well-formed XML)?

On a related issue, character encoding seems to behave differently using
application/xhtml+xml versus text/html.

Annozilla currently uses text/html, and I found that non-ASCII
characters were being mangled somewhere when posting new annotations as
described in section 2.1.2 of the protocols document.

After snooping on what Amaya was doing, I tried changing the
<h:ContentType> in the annotation to be application/xhtml+xml and this
resolved the problem.

Is this a known issue? I am testing with a locally-installed server
pulled with CVS tag V1_2.

Matthew Wilson