Re: Automatic information in bookmarks

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:41:54 +0200, <marja@annotea.org> wrote:

> Basically it should be no problem to give that option. There are couple
> of things that we need e.g.
>
> - Where is the metadata located? What source you want to get the
> metadata from?
> - What properties you want? I don't have anything programmed to look all
> Dublin Core properties but I looking them up from the schema and
> retrieving them should not be a problem.
>
> XPCOM basically offers an API for retrieving combinations of subject
> predicate object, where some of them are fixed from metadata stores.

Hi Marja,

there is a Firefox extension that already gets this metadata. So the idea
would be to get whatever it gets, and add it to the bookmark that is
stored.

Then itwould be nice to be able to look in the bookmarks for particular
authors, dates, etc. (It isn't clear in the current display whether an
author is an author of a bookmark topic or of the thing that is bookmarked
- it would be nice to be able to look for bookmark topics that Marja made,
too...)

My first and worst (I hope :-) idea is that to make a query I could fill
in the bookmark properties like a form and say "find this"...

cheers

Chaals