Re: Updated the /ns files

> On Oct 1, 2016, at 4:03 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> What RDFa? Where ever that is ... it should go away as we're not maintaining it! :)

You can see some particulars from my test results in the RESULDS.md file: https://github.com/Spec-Ops/web-platform-tests/blob/annotation-vocabulary-setup/annotation-vocab/tools/ruby-rdf/RESULTS.md

The HTML+RDFa is simply asserting the Respec triples:

  @prefix dc: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
  @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
  @prefix oa: <http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#> .
  @prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
  @prefix xhv: <http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#> .
  @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .

  <http://www.w3.org/ns/oa> dc:title "Web Annotation Ontology";
     <bibo:editor> [];
     xhv:license <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-documents> .

  oa:respecDocument xhv:role xhv:document .

  oa:respecHeader xhv:role xhv:contentinfo .

  ([
     a foaf:Person;
     foaf:homepage <http://www.paolociccarese.info>;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>;
     foaf:name "Paolo Ciccarese"
   ] [
     a foaf:Person;
     foaf:homepage <http://bigbluehat.com/>;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:byoung@bigbluehat.com>;
     foaf:name "Benjamin Young"
   ]) .

  _:g70220666792480 a foaf:Person;
     foaf:homepage <http://www.stanford.edu/~azaroth/>;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:azaroth42@gmail.com>;
     foaf:name "Robert Sanderson";
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.stanford.edu/> .
Not a bug, unless you’re intending it to also provide the vocabulary; I simply reported it.

> And I don't see any difference between the content of the comments between RDF/XML and the other serializations.  If there is, it's a bug in rdflib as all three serializations are produced from the same graph.
>
> See: https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/blob/gh-pages/vocab/wd/ontology/mk-ontology.py#L131-L139 <https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/blob/gh-pages/vocab/wd/ontology/mk-ontology.py#L131-L139>
>
> Is it that the comment text is wrapped in a CDATA, and nokogiri is having a bad day?

Yeah, it seems to be that the comment for oa:annotationService is in CDATA. This is because the parser uses the text value of the element, and Nokogiri doesn’t show CDATA as text, but as a separate child node of type CDATA. The parser uses text nodes. It’s not clear to me from the RDF/XML spec how these are to be treated, but the RDFLib-based parser at http://rdf-translator.appspot.com handles it, so it’s arguably a bug in Nokogiri or the Ruby RDF/XML reader. Still, it’s a bit unusual to see CDATA used here.

In any case, this is simply informational, and if it’s doing what you expect, then you would seem to be clear.