Re: [web-annotation] Try to register profile with IETF

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 20:21:33 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I've heard back with a request to add the information needed in the
columns of this table (aka the registry):
http://www.iana.org/assignments/profile-uris/profile-uris.xhtml#table-profile

Here's what I intend to send:
```yaml
Profile URI: http://www.w3.org/ns/anno.jsonld
Common Name:
  Web Annotation
  A profile URI to request or signal the document is in the Web
Annotation JSON format.
Reference: https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/
```

Is the description (especially) clear enough? @iherman @azaroth42

Also, I reference the Data Model spec--as that's what defines the Web
Annotation JSON(-LD) format--but we do not (yet?) reference the
Profile URL in that spec...but rather in the Web Annotation Protocol
spec. Should we add that in an Appendix?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by BigBlueHat
Please view or discuss this issue at