Re: New Web Annotation motivation for (data quality) assessment?

> On 27 May 2016, at 12:10, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi Ivan,
>
> On 27/05/16 11:36, Ivan Herman wrote:
>>
>>> On 27 May 2016, at 09:32, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ivan,
>>>
>>> Yes what you describe is what we're asking. With the important nuance is that if you don't want to do it (and I understand the reasons you write) we would still need a more general 'assessment' motivation, so we can attach the motivation in the DQV namespace to something in the WA namespace using skos:broader, as it would fit for a good extension of the WA motivations.
>>
>> I am not sure I understand that. If the DQV document defines the (dqv:dataQualityAssessment rdf:type oa:Motivation) triple, why isn't that enough for your purposes?
>>

> I am trying here to have DQV comply with the recommendations on extending motivations:
> "The skos:broader relationship SHOULD be asserted between the new Motivation and at least one existing Motivation, if there are any that are broader in scope." [1]

O.k. But, I believe, this should also be done by the DQV authors, they define the new motivation. It is of course a genuine question whether this motivation can be attached to any of "our" motivations. If the answer is no, then we can either get into a discussion on what type of new motivation we should define for that purpose, or simply drop the skos:broader in that case (hence a SHOULD not a MUST…). But the initiative should still come from the DQV side, in  my view.

>>> To answer your other question: DQV is going for Note status, not Rec.
>>>

>> Ah. That may be o.k. then, it would be a stable document. But, afaik, because it is a Note, we still couldn't refer to it normatively…
>>

> Honestly I'd be a bit reluctant to have WA depend on the content of another voc that's not a Rec.

Me too…

Ivan