Re: WA vs. OA

On 2016-05-20 10:40, Robert Sanderson wrote:

> Hi Sarven,
>
> Yes, there are backwards incompatible changes such as the removal of
> SemanticTag and oa:serializedBy (etc) replacements. The new ontology
> should thus replace the OA CG *draft* namespace.
>
> Rob

Option 1: Update OA namespace with WA vocab
Option 2: Update OA namespace with WA vocab and deprecate OA vocab
Option 3: Create WA namespace with WA vocab
Option 4: ?

Option 1 gives dead-ends to existing deployments (although it was a
draft). A good practice is to mark the changes so that deprecation could
be phased out, which is why option 2 may be an okay compromise. Perhaps
there are no tangible differences between options 1 and 2 at the end.
Option 3 is costly, but with some benefit to using https right away.

I think option 2 is doable if the definitions are not concept drifts.
Handling deprecation in the vocab is simpler.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i