Re: DOI and other identifiers

This might be the time to ask if we can have a way to mention alternate URLs.
Many target URLs on our (swtr) repo have become stale, either because the
URL was temporary as it points to a main page of a newspaper and or it had
additional tracking parameters on it when someone used it for creating
annotations.

Often, it possible to discover either manually or automatically an
alternate URL that works and which can be used instead. This DOI
discussion brings up such a need again. If we accommodated DOI assignment
would it be at the container level as meta-annotations like

URL isDOIof URL
URLpattern isDOIof URLpattern

or as a property of an annotation

target: URL
body: URL, isDOI

target: URL
body: URL, motivation:alternateURL, role:DOI

*in this case, alternateURL will mean its an alternate string to the URL string

other reasons:
301 redirect

or maybe we considered it out of scope as an extended (json-ld)
context can address this independently of the wa model activity.

-dinesh