Re: [web-annotation] Make Selectors available for the wide world?

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 06:14:24 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
@tilgovi my issue has never been technical on this but more "social".

Per RDF spec, there is nothing that forbids the development of a
vocabulary over several documents and communities, just as there
nothing that forbids conceptually carving out part of a vocabulary for
 a different or restricted use. But whether these are socially good or
 acceptable is a totally different matter.

To take a different example (which we are not talking about here, just
 to illustrate the point): a vocabulary ``A`` may contain the
predicate ``a:pred``. Technically, it is possible in a vocabulary
``B`` to make a statement

```
a:pred rdfs:subPropertyOf b:mypred
```

but this is considered to be very bad practice, also referred to as
"property hijacking". It is a social thing, though, not technical.

B.t.w., we are not talking about the first case in this issue
(vocabulary over several document) but more the second (carving out a
vocabulary)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at