Re: [web-annotation] Language Literals not supported within the Body

@gsergiu, as I already commented, I believe that, from a JSON-LD point
 of view, your examples are correct JSON-LD and will be translated
into Turtle (the turtle representation is slightly different, but that
 is side issue). Ie, RDF oriented applications may do that without
further ado.

However, it is another question whether that would be THE approach
included by the model to express languages. Repeating the argument in
the thread, the consensus is that the approach based on dc, ie, shown
in:

https://w3c.github.io/web-annotation/model/wd/#h-textual-body
<https://w3c.github.io/web-annotation/model/wd/#h-textual-body>

is more natural for JSON users, and is in line with the usual practice
 or relying on the dublin core terminology. It makes the result
slightly more convoluted from a pure RDF point of view insofar as it
does not make use of the language tagged literals of RDF, and
introducing in the model two different ways of expressing,
essentially, the same information is not a good idea.

> On 12 Feb 2016, at 21:12, gsergiu <notifications@github.com> wrote:
>
> @iherman <https://github.com/iherman>
> :( I'm sorry to hear that this was decision. I was tracked with some
 more important work in these days and I couldn't answer your last
comment. But I will still answer it now .. at least for documentation.

> Of corse the provided example is not valid json. I just wanted to
"pseudo encode" the information that is expected to be provided by the
 user.

<https://github.com/language>": "en" }
"@language <https://github.com/language>": "de" }
<https://github.com/language>": "ro" }
> ]
> }
>
> The question is if this is the appropriate format for automatic
conversion to RDF/XML in something like
> oa:hasBody [
> a oa:TextualBody;
> oa:text [
> "Happy New Year"@en <https://github.com/en>;
> "Froehes Neues Jahr"@de <https://github.com/de>;
> "La multi ani"@ro <https://github.com/ro>
> ];
>
> ] .
> (I'm not an expert of turtle format .. so please feel free to
correct the turtle representation)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at