Re: [web-annotation] Model should allow multiple Selectors per SpecificResource

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:26:23 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
This is closely related to issue #205 : what does multiple selector
mean. Although #93, I believe, was mainly about the exact syntax to be
 adopted for a refinement, the comment indeed suggests that we may
have several selectors and they would represent a choice. Ie, related
to my comment in #205
(https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/205#issuecomment-213665437),
 this seems to indicate a disjunction.

Fine... but you/we should explain what that means. Does it mean that
the client can choose among two selectors? Following what rules? Or is
 it entirely in the hands of the implementation? How do we have
interoperability? Do we expect that both selectors select, at the end
of the day, the same portion of a resource, or is it allowed to have
different ones? What are the use cases?

B.t.w., I believe that, in fact, this issue is the same as #205.
Whatever we decide here should also be the guiding argument to solve
#205 and vice versa...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at