Re: [web-annotation] Privacy Interest Group (PING) review

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 23:34:14 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
Re deletion: Yes, you can use HTTP DELETE to delete Annotations.
See:
https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/#delete-an-existing-annotation

Re HTTPS: we should add a recommendation in a security considerations.
 I personally expect that all create/update/delete operations will be
done over HTTPS, but we should be explicit.

Re opt-out: I disagree with this one. It would be like saying that an
external web site can't link to your site.   Robots.txt doesn't
prevent linking, it advertises preferences regarding crawling.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by azaroth42
Please view or discuss this issue at