From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:00 PM
To: Kanai, Takeshi
Cc: Robert Sanderson; W3C Public Annotation List
Subject: Re: Basic Roles Proposal

Hi Takeshi,

> On 01 Sep 2015, at 10:34 , Kanai, Takeshi <Takeshi.Kanai@jp.sony.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ivan and Rob,
>
> “role” is not mandatory and we can still put dc:language into “content” nodes, these are my understandings.

Yes, that is my understanding, too. And, if we accept 3.2.3, then the content node can be replaced by a direct text, ie,

"body" : {
 "language" :"en",
 "text" : "My comment"
}

is also valid.

> Having “language” in body was “recommended” in the FPWD, but it is prohibited in the newly provided scheme 3.1.9, besides I found no language descriptions in the new document, then I got confused.

I am not sure what you mean by 'recommended' and 'prohibited'. In the FPWD[1], if you use a simple textual body, then there is no language associated to it either; it explicitly says

• The string body must be an xsd:string and must not have a language associated with it.

I do not think 3.1.9 in the roles' document introduces any change on that.

But I may misunderstand what you mean.

Thanks

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-annotation-model-20141211/#simple-textual-body