Re: ITS 2.0 example in web annotation

Felix, others,

I just try to locate where the problem might be when combining it with the annotation model…

The json file, whether seen as pure JSON  (JSON-LD) is technically correct. However, if the annotation gets into a special annotation system, that may find itself in an edge case: indeed, the body of the annotation does not use any of the properties that are defined in the annotation model. We would have to check whether there is any constraints defined in the model whereby certain things must be present ('content', etc). But systems might still fall over on such edge cases… Benjamin, Paolo, what would your annotation server do?

Thanks

Ivan

> On 12 Nov 2015, at 19:52, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Following the meeting at TPAC and the discussion we had recently on this list, I created an example of how a set of ITS 2.0 information stored following the web annotation data model could look like:
>
> 1) Counterpart of web annotation: storage of ITS information as markup in the XML document itself (note that the annotated document is an XML document):
> https://github.com/w3c/itsrdf/blob/master/its-in-markup.xml <https://github.com/w3c/itsrdf/blob/master/its-in-markup.xml>
> 2) Storage using the web annotation model:
> https://github.com/w3c/itsrdf/blob/master/its-via-web-annotation.json <https://github.com/w3c/itsrdf/blob/master/its-via-web-annotation.json>
> (I decided to use the FragmentSelector)
>
> Feedback of course more than welcome.
>
> - Felix