Re: [findtext] note about character counts [I18N-ISSUE-496]

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 04:52:27 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
@tkanai you make a good point that we have to align on what current
HTML API-s, ie, current browsers do. If we get to the point where
browsers would implement this (or part of it), that alignment becomes
crucial. I have no idea (and nobody knows in detail, I guess) where
ES7 will go; we can make an update of the spec if that change really
occurs.

B.t.w., I wonder whether this note does not also affects the editing
distance.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by iherman
See https://github.com/w3c/findtext/issues/4#issuecomment-155997608