Re: [findtext] note about character counts [I18N-ISSUE-496]

From: Takeshi Kanai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 02:21:28 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
Indeed that the (a) is an appropriate and an ideal solution,
definitely, but I can't find strong reasons to make FindText API
isolated from other HTML APIs, especially from Range Object.
Only from this perspective I think we had to take (b), but can I
expect that the other APIs/ES7? would be updated to use code points in
 the near future? If it is yes, let's align with the movement and take
 (a).

--
GitHub Notif of comment by tkanai
See https://github.com/w3c/findtext/issues/4#issuecomment-155976631