Re: [web-annotation] Embedding annotations in the target document

> On 7 Nov 2015, at 01:06, Sarven Capadisli <notifications@github.com>
 wrote:

> My use case is where 1) user marks some text in an HTML document -
this becomes the target, 2) leaves an annotation - this becomes the
body. I have something like the following:

> # The target
> <mark about="[this:#foo]" typeof="http://purl.org/dcmitype/Text">
>   foo <em>bar</em> baz
> </mark>
>
> <a rel="oa:hasTarget" href="#foo">...</a>
property="oa:text">
> I'm considering/looking for a property to label/describe the target
resource. For example, with oa:text it'll be like:

> <mark about="[this:#foo]" typeof="http://purl.org/dcmitype/Text"
property="oa:text">
>   foo <em>bar</em> baz
> </mark>
> but it could just as well be any other property, e.g.,
schema:description, which can actually provide the content of #foo.

I am sorry, @csarven, but I fail to understand what you want to
achieve. In your example the last thing means that you have created an
 extra triple

But the annotation will still have <foo> as its target. That extra
triple is, in a sense, completely outside of the annotation structure.
 Can you explain what you want to achieve?

--
GitHub Notif of comment by iherman
See