Re: [web-annotation] Do we need an `annotates` relationship for use in RDF and/or Link Relationships?

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 09:22:14 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org

> On 6 Nov 2015, at 00:28, Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> While I agree with all of the content, I don't see that it justifies
 the addition of an annotates predicate in RDF to be described in the
model? The existence of the Annotation resource implies all of that,
no?

+1. I do not think we should touch the model
> Conversely, a Link header on the response from a resource that is
the Body of an Annotation like:

<http://example.org/target1>;rel="annotates";describedBy="http://example.org/anno1"
> Could be very useful for discovery. Shall we close this issue and
reframe in a new one?

Yes. This seems to be orthogonal to almost everything we do (even the
protocol): it is about registering a rel value for the purpose of HTTP
 (I am not sure how that happens administratively). It sounds like a
good idea, and probably very little investment

--
GitHub Notif of comment by iherman
See