Re: Annotate an image fragment inside a html page

Hi Raphaël,
I'm Giulio Andreini, a colleague of Susanna from Net7.
We work a lot in the field of Digital Humanities and there are two very
common cases where a box rectangle is a huge restriction when we need to
define an image fragment:

 - *Manuscripts*: we often need to define a part of a page in a manuscript
and since it is hand written a rectangle is not enough (please see attached
image *Manuscript-example.jpg*)
 - *Engravings*: we work a lot with engravings and our clients often need
to select very complex areas on the image (please see attached image
*Engraving-example.jpg*).

I hope this clarifies two very common use cases (at least for our
experience).
Cheers

On 19 May 2015 at 18:35, Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:

> Dear Susanna,
>
>  I've  noticed the http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/ URI specifications
>> but at first look didn't seem support polygon drawing only rectangle.
>> We need to support both for our application.
>>

> You didn't overlook anything. Indeed, the media fragment URI specification
> only specifies bounding box rectangle as type of spatial media fragment.
> I'm definitively interested in knowing what are your use cases for having
> arbitrary shapes (polygons) defined as media fragments. We might re-work
> this part in a new version, so collecting use cases is the right thing to
> do at the moment.
>
> Best regards.
>
>   Raphaël
>
> --
> Raphaël Troncy
> EURECOM, Campus SophiaTech
> Multimedia Communications Department
> 450 route des Chappes, 06410 Biot, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/

*Giulio Andreini / UX designer, project manager*
info@giulioandreini.it, andreini@netseven.it
www.netseven.it
+39 050 55 25 74
Mobile +39 347 8283609
Skype giulioandreini
Linkedin <https://it.linkedin.com/pub/giulio-andreini/27/9a2/b13>

Net7
Via Marche 10 / 56123 | Pisa

P.Iva e CF 01577590506
CCIAA di Pisa n. 01577590506 del 26/04/2001
Capitale Sociale 10.000,00 €