Re: [model] Proposal: Allow motivatedBy on SpecificResource

I find this confusing (to say the least).

see below:

> On 24 Jun 2015, at 22:36 , Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> To be explicit (in case it got lost in the json) ...
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
> could these two cases co-exist?
>
> {"body" : [ {
>         "role" : "edit",
>         "content" : "literalcontent"
>      }]}
>
> {"body" : [ {
>         "role" : "edit",
>         "content" : {
>            "@id": "http://youtube.com/somevideo"
>         }
>      }]}
>
> In other words, we use the shortcut for the literals (that cannot be reused anyway) and the verbose way with resources?
>
> The question for me is the type of the body resource.
>
> To expand it for clarity, if it's a specific resource:
>
> {
>   "@id": "http://example.org/anno1",
>   "@type": "oa:Annotation",
>   "body": {
>     "@type": "oa:SpecificResource",
>     "role": "commenting",
>     "body" : "literalcontent"
>   },
>   "target" : "http://example.org/target1"
> }

How did you bring "body" twice into the equation? The proposal of Paolo that you acknowledged[1] was to use a separate property, (using "source" as a working name), ie, there is no infinite nesting...

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/CABevsUEh6V-OZS5Lsf_=DaHDMEqu4_QHk=CfwxNbB3E0pYb8Kw@mail.gmail.com

> Which seems confusing and has highly undesirable consequences for the model (like infinite nesting of bodies being valid).
>
> Or if it's an EmbeddedContent:
>
> {
>   "@id": "http://example.org/anno1",
>   "@type": "oa:Annotation",
>   "body": {
>     "@type": "oa:EmbeddedContent",
>     "role": "commenting",
>     "value" : "literalcontent"
>   },
>   "target" : "http://example.org/target1"
> }
>
> Which is at least better when there isn't a URI that identifies the content, but allows in conjunction with the specific resource case that we need to allow for when there ARE URIs for the resources:
>
> {
>   "@id": "http://example.org/anno1",
>   "@type": "oa:Annotation",
>   "body": {
>     "@type": "oa:SpecificResource",
>     "role": "commenting",
>     "source" : {
>       "@type": "oa:SpecificResource",
>       "role": "tagging",
>       "value" : "literalcontent"
>     }
>   },
>   "target" : "http://example.org/target1"
> }
>
> Which is again very strange, and neither seem much simpler than the consistent model of just having it on the SpecificResource.
>
> Rob

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead