RE: [model] Proposal: Allow motivatedBy on SpecificResource

One thing that may prove I am missing the point here, but that seems somewhat true (to me): does having the two bodies here—one with the edit itself, and one with a comment about the edit—preclude both bodies still being about the target? I know that the annotator in this use case is primarily concerned with providing rationale for the edit (or at least in some instances that is the proposed intent), the comment is still about the target, which is an error that needs to potentially be edited, is it not?

Davis

From: Robert Sanderson [mailto:azaroth42@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:01 PM
To: Chris Birk
Cc: Jacob Jett; Doug Schepers; Web Annotation; ColeTimothy W
Subject: Re: [model] Proposal: Allow motivatedBy on SpecificResource

Bodies are explicitly independent. The data model says ...

http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#multiple-bodies-or-targets

Each Body is considered to be equally related to each Target individually, rather than the complete set of Targets. This construction may be used so long as dropping any of the Bodies or Targets would not invalidate the Annotation's meaning.

(More later, but wanted to prevent further speculation that could easily be avoided)

Rob