Re: [web-annotation] Absolute or relative URI's in examples

You are right, the @base must be inside the @context - so to avoid
full URIs in the JSON-LD you would have to use the verbose

{ "@context":  [
    {"@base": "http://example.com"},
    "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa/context?" ]

  "..": "..."
}

Perhaps simpler is to use full URIs in the Turtle. People who know
Turtle will know how to make relative URIs - while people who are a
bit fresh will still see it at a more standard 'triple level'.  This
should somewhat discourage people from accidentally making URIs that
don't resolve.

(Why is the oa @context missing from the JSON-LD example? Have we
decided on a URI yet?)

Rant time about JSON-LD @context:

-- we had several discussions in JSON-LD community about this.. in
early draft you could inherit a @base from an external @context - but
we changed our mind as that sounded quite confusing and dangerous, and
raised lots of scary issues with multiple contexts.

In one evil version you could do an external context that defined {
"@base": "../" } (I actually wanted to do this! :))  and which would
be resolved by the location of the document (e.g.
file:///something/something.jsonld ) rather than from the external
context's URI. But that is just too far away from how relative IRIs
are resolved per document on the rest of the web - and hence the @base
inheritance was removed, and a stronger requirement for absolute URIs
in @base and @vocab was added.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, eScience Lab
School of Computer Science