Re: Discovery/Search user stories

Hi all,

Below are some additional examples use cases that Tim Cole referred to
during Wednesday's call. These use cases come out of our work with emblem
scholars.

In addition to client-side lists that Rob has already noted here, we'd also
want lists of annotation where the resource is part of a target (composite
target) -- the primary use case for this was annotations that possess
bodies that are about aggregate content, such as annotating pairs of
juxtaposed images. Likewise, lists were the resource shows up as a member
of a group of possible targets (choice target) -- useful if the end user is
annotating intellectual content and not a specific representation.

While Rob has noted listing annotations by segment of target, it might also
be useful to list annotations who targets conform to specific media
fragments by kind. Similarly, while segmented targets implies selectors, it
would be useful to return lists of annotations whose targets correspond to
a specific (time, request header, etc.) state.

Finally, it would be useful to be able to return lists of annotations
constrained by particular scopes. For instance, if an annotation targets an
image that is embedded on a web page, it will be useful to be able to
constrain the listing by the fact that the annotation is about the resource
within a particular context.

Regards,

Jacob

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu