Re: [web-annotation] Yet Another JSON-LD the protocol spec to use?

> On 10 Jul 2015, at 23:32 , Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> ideally, we should have defined everything in terms of pure JSON, so
 that people only dealing with JSON could read the spec and never even
 read about the RDF view. and then a separate spec could tell those
interested in an RDF view of everything how to do this robustly on top
 of the JSON.

> This would argue in favor of splitting Model and Serialization into
two separate documents. Serialization could then focus exclusively on
the JSON format, with reference to the model.

> However it does not affect protocol, as we inherit the MUST from LDP
 of support for the turtle syntax, and thus RDF.

> the extra load on Annotation Servers is minimal, but purely JSON
clients would not have to actively disregard the @context property
from the returned data

> I don't follow the logic here. By adding a real implementation
requirement to the server, we prevent the client from having to ignore
 something that it's clearly going to ignore anyway, and indeed
required to ignore by the relevant specifications?

Do not understand this last point. If the returned JSON payload does
not include `@context`, it is easier on pure JSON based
implementations, while JSON-LD implementations go on unchanged because
 they get the `@context` through the header. I do not think it is the
same

Ivan

> —