Re: Adherence to standards vs specialized functionality

It's the same, really.  URIs globally identify the same resource, where
ever you encounter that URI.  A URI in some annotation doesn't identify a
different resource than the same URI in a different annotation.

So in the same way that assertions about the entities are of global scope,
the identity of the entities are also of global scope.