Re: [web-annotation] Yet Another JSON-LD the protocol spec to use?

From: Randall Leeds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:30:03 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
In discussing plain JSON I think we should focus on production rather
than consumption. If you're a plain JSON system you're probably not
thinking too hard about interop. You're just publishing and consuming
your own annotations. By having a default context and recommended keys
 we hope that JSON-LD clients will be able to consume these
annotations.

However, since producing annotations with your own context and keys
would constitute valid JSON-LD we cannot hope that JSON clients will
consume them always.

All of this just amounts to a recommendation to use a particular
context and keys, but it doesn't force anyone in the linked data world
 to do so.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by tilgovi
See