Re: Idea: Annotation Feed Format

Hi Benjamin, all,

Lightweight is certainly good :)

A few points to consider (as non-chair, as always)

* We should not base the weight/complexity of LDP on my half-baked
description of it! :)  Any perceived complexity is likely my failure,
rather than the specification's.

* In my experience of trying to use Atom, the required fields and inherited
semantics tend to get in the way :(  For example, if an atom entry is
equivalent to an annotation, then the requirement for a title for each
entry means each annotation must have a title ... which is a requirement we
currently don't have.  That results in a lot of boilerplate content to fill
up the xml with meaningless content to be valid according to the schema.

* If we don't wrap the annotation within the feed, is there much advantage
to the feed format beyond just a list of URIs?  If we do wrap it, then do
we need to map everything into RDF so we can serialize out as JSON-LD or
other serializations?

None of which should be seen as a deterrent to working on this sort of
thing, just some notes from past experience :)  [ in particular:
http://www.openarchives.org/ore/1.0/atom ]

Rob