Re: [web-annotation] Rename `role` to `motive`

From: Giulio via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 13:15:54 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
Actually what is happening adding the **"role"** is that we are adding
 a **semantic** description to the relation between the target and the
 body (at least in the example here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#roles-for-external-resources).

In our project we are facing more complex situations (i.e. semantic
annotations with more triples) and for this reason we have a different
 structure (you can see it here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10XXQ5KrFZbFqKxiFhuVBQrWdSxbXd85cCYYmrXE23QQ/edit#gid=1559801208).

If you plan to start building a controlled vocabularies for roles I
can suggest you some of the default predicates we use in Pundit
Annotator Pro: **identifies, is related to, describes, has author, has
 type, cites, quotes, replies to, represents the date**.
These all belongs to standard vocabularies like skos, cito, dc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gandreini
Please view or discuss this issue at