Annotating All Knowledge Coalition

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:41:08 -0500
To: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>, Dan Whaley <dwhaley@hypothes.is>
Hey, folks–

Let's congratulate Dan Whaley and Hypothes.is for launching the new
Annotating All Knowledge coalition [1], an initiative for promoting and
enabling annotation in scholarly publishing!

There are over 40 members, and growing, including Web Annotation WG
participants Wiley and IDPF (and W3C).

There's an excellent write-up in Nature News [2] (which is a pretty big
deal, in my opinion!) that includes a mention of the WG, both online and
in print, and a nice compilation video [3] that captures some worthy
sentiments about openness in publishing, science, and standards.

Dan blogged about the creation of the coalition [4], and I also blogged
from the W3C perspective about some technical and standards aspects [5].

This is a great opportunity for us to reach a wider audience, more visibly.

Thanks to the Hypothes.is folks for pulling this together!

[1] https://hypothes.is/annotating-all-knowledge/
[2]
http://www.nature.com/news/annotating-the-scholarly-web-1.18900?WT.mc_id=TWT_NatureNews
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XBBWD1OjPw