From: jgjett@gmail.com [mailto:jgjett@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jacob Jett
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 4:30 PM
To: Web Annotation
Subject: Re: model: multiple resources

Hi Ray,

I feel like there are two ways to interpret your example, neither of which require a 4th "group" entity.

In  my first interpretation, the example you lay out seems like an unordered list type of entity, in which case the list structure seems to be most appropriate (even unordered lists have orders, they're just arbitrary ones).

The other way I interpret your example is that the your body is actually a composite but, you would like a method to gracefully fail should one of the parts of the composite not resolve correctly (or resolve at all). This would be useful in that the tool would still present what it could of the composite annotation to the end user. This seems like it would need to be handled through best practices.

Regards,

Jacob

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu<mailto:jjett2@illinois.edu>